RETRACTABLE POWER DOOR MIRRORS

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
maurelius

Post by maurelius »

I recently purchased a 68 plate T4 Momentum in metallic black and full leather interior. The videos I watched praised this car for its high spec. Therefore, I was amazed to find that this car doesn`t have power folding mirrors. I have since been told that this feature was introduced in 2019!!!
I have checked the mirrors and they are exactly the same as a model in the showroom.
Could it be merely a question of software activation ?

Deleted User 1984

Post by Deleted User 1984 »

From the manual ;

Automatic retraction when locking
When the car is locked/unlocked with the remote control key the door mirrors are automatically retracted/extended.

The function can be activated/deactivated in the menu system MY CAR.

Or ;

Press simultaneously L and R mirror buttons on the door at driver' side to fold the mirrors manually in case you need to fold them while passing narrow roads or parking at limited space at both sides of your car.

https://www.volvocars.com/en-th/support/manuals/v60/2014/instruments-and-controls/controls/door-mirrors
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I think they are standard throughout the range. My 68 plate certainly has them. Check the settings.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

If my memory serves me right all MY19 (UK) models had power folding mirrors. Auto-folding when locking/unlocking was only provided on the higher specification models. Without auto folding you have to use the door buttons as described by hakanoz2000 above.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
deanio

Post by deanio »

My wife’s 68 plate R design Pro has them.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
olliex11

Post by olliex11 »

I've got a T3 Momentum and see to have a hazy memory of having to specify folding mirrors on my 68 model...
lainey_w

Post by lainey_w »

Hi, I have a 68 plate T3 Momentum. I had to purchase folding mirrors as an added extra when I bought the car new. The cost was £125 at the time.
Ordered T3 Momentum 22nd May, expected 22nd September