Arrived on the 31st.....first trip out!

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
K1t

Post by K1t »

Just fitted the 'folding' boot floor unit that I had ordered from my parts contact at a local dealer, so I can keep the old groceries etc from falling over.
For those interested, the Part Number is :- V31484758 at the discounted price of £225.45 +vat, not cheap I hear you say, but its way cheaper than the price of the 'convenience pack' if, like me, you don`t want/need all the other gubbins! (I quite like my 'aerobic' tailgate anyway ;) )

Prior to having the car paintwork ceramic coated and the wheels/trim sealed/protected next Wednesday, I thought I would carry out the Rear Detailing work I had pre-planned. If I say so myself.........works great, especially on White, lighter greys and red in the R-design Livery. Prob. not to every ones taste, but I love it :D

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)

Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Really like the look of this, nice work.
K1t

Post by K1t »

Flatman5 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:35 pm Really like the look of this, nice work.
Thanks Flatman5 . they are 8-) This seems to quite a trending thing, at the moment, especially within the Luxury vehicle market ie. Porsche, Mercedes, JLR and nearly all of the VAG group, to name but a few and that`s not counting the various owners who pay good money to have their cars 'de-badged' all together! Could VOLVO have missed an additional sales opportunity here? I would have paid extra to have piano-black 'emblems' (got told off for calling them lettering by dealer parts dept...LoL) fitted from the factory.
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

K1t wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 pm Just fitted the 'folding' boot floor unit that I had ordered from my parts contact at a local dealer, so I can keep the old groceries etc from falling over.
For those interested, the Part Number is :- V31484758 at the discounted price of £225.45 +vat, not cheap I hear you say, but its way cheaper than the price of the 'convenience pack' if, like me, you don`t want/need all the other gubbins! (I quite like my 'aerobic' tailgate anyway ;) )

Prior to having the car paintwork ceramic coated and the wheels/trim sealed/protected next Wednesday, I thought I would carry out the Rear Detailing work I had pre-planned. If I say so myself.........works great, especially on White, lighter greys and red in the R-design Livery. Prob. not to every ones taste, but I love it :D
Can I just ask how you did that as I think it looks great! I was going to see if I could get some of the badges deleted but rather do this if I can.

Thanks.
T3 R-Design Pro auto in black stone.
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack
Ordered on 24th of May 19 was expected on 16th of September now expected on the 1st of November!
Collected on 25th October. :D
K1t

Post by K1t »

Sorry Azza_86, I`m not ignoring you, but, it looks like I`ve just wasted 2hrs+ of my time, writing you a 'How-To' for making the Black Lettering/Emblems, amounting to about half of an A4 sheet in total! :x Wrote it out, checked it, hit 'preview' and was sent back to the forum log-in page?? WHY?? So Logged in again, and 'poooof' the whole lot has vanished! So seriously "p****d off at the moment! :evil: You try and be helpful.....

I`ll try again, as and when I calm down and have the time etc.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yep, happens to me on forums. If I remember I save lengthy replies to Word. Forgot last time and the air was blue!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Azza_86

Post by Azza_86 »

K1t that must be the most annoying thing ever! Don't worry about it, you've got until at least November before I get my car so you've got a little while to calm down and write it again!
T3 R-Design Pro auto in black stone.
Intellisafe surround
Xenium pack
Ordered on 24th of May 19 was expected on 16th of September now expected on the 1st of November!
Collected on 25th October. :D
Avbev

Post by Avbev »

Nice car. I’ve just order my T3 in R Design Pro in Crystal White. Fear I have a few months to wait but very excited. When did you place your order please?
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Sweet with the R-Design Black roof.

Great work ... looking forward to the instructions.
K1t

Post by K1t »

Avbev wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:16 pm Nice car. I’ve just order my T3 in R Design Pro in Crystal White. Fear I have a few months to wait but very excited. When did you place your order please?
Avbev, Ordered on FEB.12th 2019...............then a Loooooong Wait...............Delivered to me 31st AUG.2019! :o Be patient, It WILL come ;)