Parking brake

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Hi there,

In one of the carwow review, it was stated and was demonstrated that the seat belt and parking brake are interlocked together. I unintentionally drove on without buckled up yesterday. Can anyone here confirm which setup is correct?

Thank you.

G

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

On mine (in the UK) the parking brake will not release automatically if the driver isn't wearing a seatbelt, it has to be released manually by pressing the button down. I think that is standard.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Thanks.
Mine is also UK.
Just to clarify I manually released the parking brake and drove off without buckled up my seat belt. I didn't use or try the automatic release.
In this case I am not sure what carwow really referred to.

Around10:55
Ronnnie

Post by Ronnnie »

Hi
on my XC40 I can move the car without putting the seat belt on, handbrake works as normal if you drive-off.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Goldfish wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 am Hi there,

In one of the carwow review, it was stated and was demonstrated that the seat belt and parking brake are interlocked together. I unintentionally drove on without buckled up yesterday. Can anyone here confirm which setup is correct?

Thank you.

G
Your car will not suffer the problem in the Carwow review as it was changed by a software update in 11/2018:

The car can be driven away when the electric parking brake is deactivated even if "Auto hold" is activated and the driver's seatbelt is not buckled.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

Thank you Carl.
Don Eladio

Post by Don Eladio »

balmoral wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:29 am On mine (in the UK) the parking brake will not release automatically if the driver isn't wearing a seatbelt, it has to be released manually by pressing the button down. I think that is standard.
I'm pretty sure this is standard yeah
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Thanks Silver Moose. That update makes sense as I regularly move mine in car park where I live with out having to release the handbrake. You had to put seat belts on in my Audi which was a pain to go a couple of yards off road.