Thinking about the XC40 - issues?

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Habu

Post by Habu »

I’m toying with changing the wife’s car to a new XC40 - ideally Inscription Pro. Are there any issues with build quality and / or dealer experiences to think about? It would be our first Volvo. I’m thinking of an auto T3.

Kind regards

habu

AyrshireXC90

Post by AyrshireXC90 »

Hi there, we picked up a new my20 T3 man Inscription Pro just over two weeks ago from Carlisle. The build quality seems good, with no faults so far. Mpg in mixed driving is 38 (calculated), with the display suggesting 41. The dealer was great from start to finish, and even though I live very close to another dealer, will be planning to travel to them for servicing.
I have had autos for quite a few years now, but have always found the modern auto boxes to be a bit lazy; the manual box suits the T3 very well.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

No real build quality issues. There are always things that go wrong but can't say I've spotted any common threads on here..other than the number plate light seems a bit fragile...but mine's ok!

Dealers do vary as with all marques. Where are you based Habu?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Picked ours up on Friday and apart from a slight creak from the dashboard area, which is diminishing, all is good.

Have you read the threads on vibration and the panoramic roof?

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Blastpipe wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 am No real build quality issues. There are always things that go wrong but can't say I've spotted any common threads on here..other than the number plate light seems a bit fragile...but mine's ok!

Dealers do vary as with all marques. Where are you based Habu?
I’m in North Yorkshire so Stockton on Tees dealership is probably the easiest to get to.
Habu

Post by Habu »

It looks like my nearest retailers are Mill Garages Stockton (dire parking), Stoneacre Harrogate (looks like dire parking) and Ray Chapman Motors York.
Does anyone here have any experience with these dealerships - good and bad?
Cheers
Habu
Bhowani

Post by Bhowani »

Chapmans at York or Malton for me. A neighbour's (XC70) and my XC40 are looked after by them. We live 30 miles away but beleive it's worth it as nearer main dealers do not meet our criteria!

Bhowani
Mar 2019 XC40 Ins Pro T4 Auto, 3,000 miles up and no creaks!
2019 XC40 T4 - Denim Blue
yalocatos

Post by yalocatos »

I live in East Yorkshire , bought our XC40 T3 auto R design Pro from Stoneacre in Grimsby. Just had it 2weeks and love it.
Make sure you get a quote from them. I got a great deal and they where very pleasant to deal with. Tried to buy from Chapman's at York and wouldn't recommend.
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

Bought my car from Mill Garages Sunderland the salesman was helpful and kept me informed whilst the car was on order delivery was slightly earlier than promised and the hand over was very good he spent ages explaining everything even paired my and the wife’s phone after sales service has been good went in for its three month check and was returned washed and vacuumed The car has been trouble free so far with no unusual rattles or squeeks
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel