Windscreen chips

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

senwar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 pm
trjim2k5 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:44 am Just for information, Autoglass UK can now do the calibration in house. I had a stone chip on my windscreen, which quickly spread to a long crack.

Autoglass replaced the windscreen this Saturday (with a Volvo original part) and did the calibration. The whole thing took about 2:30 hours and everything works fine. In fact, I think that after the calibration pilot assist keeps me more in the middle of the lane than it used to!

Only paid £75 excess and the process was very straightforward.
That's good to know. I've got a second, larger chip that I need to sort and have a feeling they'll say a new screen is required.

Mine is heated too - is yours?

Not had a chip for about 10yrs, then had 2 in this car in 13 months.
Blimey, you're lucky! I only had the Yeti a couple of weeks and had three hits in one day! I don't do many miles and keep well back from the car in front, I'm a bit OCD about it!

My TT has a couple in the windscreen and a number of stone chips on the front and down the drivers side despite it only having done less than 10k. miles in 5 years. I even had something hit the side on the way back from the dealers this morning!

My cars are like magnets for flying stones. :(
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

senwar

Post by senwar »

ChrisLF wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am
Blimey, you're lucky! I only had the Yeti a couple of weeks and had three hits in one day! I don't do many miles and keep well back from the car in front, I'm a bit OCD about it!

My TT has a couple in the windscreen and a number of stone chips on the front and down the drivers side despite it only having done less than 10k. miles in 5 years. I even had something hit the side on the way back from the dealers this morning!

My cars are like magnets for flying stones. :(
Eeek! Nightmare!!!!

I must be honest, if my XC40 didn't have a heated screen it wouldn't bother me as much but just conscious it may cause future problems.

Good luck avoiding stones in the future!
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Please please people stop fixing your cracked or chipped windshields.
Remember your consumer right.
I had a crack 7 days into ownership. They tried to fob me off, I stood my grounds, #consumerright. That’s how I came across this forum.
They eventually ordered a replacement windshield with no penny to pay.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)