Insurance cost

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Even though we don’t take delivery of out XC40 for another 4 weeks (hopefully, as long as dealer gets their finger out!) I thought I’d best get an insurance quote in advance as my wife has had a few claims over the last 3 years
Very surprised that the cost is under half the price we are currently paying for our Tiguan! £311 vs £705, XC40 must be a very low risk vehicle. 👍🏻

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

The more safety kit the lower the premiums. I am paying the same for my XC40 as my VX Astra despite the Volvo costing twice as much.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

I agree, the V90 costs £240 per year to insure so I was a little surprised that the XC40 was coming in at around £400!!

For those browsing and thinking about buying a new car check out the Volvo Owners Club - its £35 and after 6 months you get the affinity discount (a discount ontop of those currently available - it can be really significant). You do not have to own a Volvo to join!

As part of that offer you receive at £250 excess voucher for any insurance company in the UK - so long as they send the car to a Volvo dealer or approved repair shop. That means you can set your excess to £250 and benefit from it being effectively £0 as Volvo will pay your excess if you have a smash.

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/affinity.shtml