Service reminders reset

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I picked my XC40 up today but the weather was so atrocious I just drove straight home and played with the settings for an hour or so.

One thing I noticed was that my service log had not been updated and stamped and the Volvo on call app shows service due soon.
Dealer says he will stamp the service log next time I am in the area but is there some way I can reset the service reminders myself in the car?
Cheers
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.

senwar

Post by senwar »

Skyrimmer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:50 pm I picked my XC40 up today but the weather was so atrocious I just drove straight home and played with the settings for an hour or so.

One thing I noticed was that my service log had not been updated and stamped and the Volvo on call app shows service due soon.
Dealer says he will stamp the service log next time I am in the area but is there some way I can reset the service reminders myself in the car?
Cheers
Unfortunately not, or I certainly didn't find a way even after mine was booked in.

Ruddy annoying I must be honest. Happy to be corrected if anyone knows how
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
K1t

Post by K1t »

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=vo ... ORM=VRDGAR

Try this u-tube link.........might work?
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Thanks K1t I can confirm this does actually work. Key thing is to take your finger off the button while the info light is still flashing. Message has now gone. I just hope they really did service the car.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
K1t

Post by K1t »

Good to know, Skyrimmer. I was hopping this would do the trick, both for my own info and poss. future servicing regime, if it comes to it! This, close-to-the-chest dealer info stuff deserves to be put out there for all who can/want use it! Nice thing about forums !
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)