Photos

IMG-5229 (1).jpg

IMG-5228.jpg

IMG-5226.jpg

IMG-5224.jpg

Jay Parmar

Post by Jay Parmar »

Here is the reply from Volvo Customer Care UK

‘I can confirm that our technical team have responded to us confirming that: the door mirrors when extending are slightly different, which is normal for the model as passenger mirror is angled slightly inward more than the driver one for more driver vision purposes. Also the door mirrors extend & retract at differing speeds which is also normal.’

Thanks for everyone’s inputs.
mcig68

Post by mcig68 »

Hi, a new member here. I have the same problem with my 2023 XC40. Not a problem in normal use but when towing my caravan, the extended towing mirror on the passenger side does not allow sufficient vision. This is a major flaw and potentially could involve problems of a legal nature. Has anyone found if it is possible to adjust the mirror housing to match the drivers' side?
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I don't know as I don't tow a caravan but others on here do and will hopefully respond. But maybe there is a design of extension mirror for the XC40 which allows for the difference in angle?

And just wondering, as I do (!), does this cause any problems when driving sur le continent i.e. can you achieve sufficient adjustment? This is without towing.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.