Calling all Thunder Grey owners

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
stu22

Post by stu22 »

When ordering our XC40 we chose Thunder Grey as are buying a MY2020 and Osmium was no longer an option, no cars were available to view in Thunder Grey so ordered on the basis of a side-by-side image of Thunder Grey and Osmium.
Now a few Thunder Grey models seem to be filtering through not 100% sure on our choice - it looks very blue in the images I've seen and thinking maybe a colour change before build.

Any Thunder Grey owners on here yet and what are your views?

XC_20

Post by XC_20 »

There’s a picture of one in the gallery now-latest pic I think. I was the same-wanted Pine Grey originally but didn’t like the Thunder option-have gone for denim blue now instead
pkirkup

Post by pkirkup »

Am in exactly the same place - considering a change away from Thunder Grey. We saw an Osmium grey in the showroom and were told it was very similar, but pictures don’t seem that way. We have a momentum build so not sure we can swap to some of the nicer colours - like the look of Denim Blue but that’s only on inscription?
Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

I have an Osmium Grey V90 and the colour is very different to the Thunder Grey, The colour looks more like a matt finish in comparison to the Osmium Grey.
pkirkup

Post by pkirkup »

Any chance you could post a photo of the two together? The configurator pictures aren’t really helpful.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

That seems to be the main choice in XC40 colours - 50 Shades of Grey!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

pkirkup wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 pm Any chance you could post a photo of the two together? The configurator pictures aren’t really helpful.
Try this .....

IMG_20190308_130807.jpg

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

pkirkup wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 pm Any chance you could post a photo of the two together? The configurator pictures aren’t really helpful.
Would love to, but will have to wait 9 weeks for that photo! Chesterfield Volvo had a XC40 in Thunder Grey ready for pickup when I went to look around two weeks ago.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

I’ve seen a few in photos now and am surprised at how blue they are, was expecting more of a smoky grey. Maybe it’s the light the shots are taken in as I believe the Osmium also changes a lot in the light?
We only have until the 20th to change our order before build. My wife seems ok with the pics she’s seen and as she’s the fussy one on colours, we’ll probably just go with it.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

The dealer who we are buying through does have a Thunder Grey car waiting to go out, Donalds of Ipswich, if anyone was close and wanted to see one before Friday.