USB recognition

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

Slightly technical question here.

I have a Mac and formatted a USB stick as Mac Journaled. Have loaded both mp3 and Apple Lossless but the car isn't recognising the USB stick.

Any ideas? The USB port works as I've plugged a phone into it and the USB stick works on my Mac so its not a dud.

Thanks

Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

You'll probably need to format it as exFAT as the car presumably doesn't recognise Mac-formatted drives. You should be able to do this from Disk Utility:

https://www.howtogeek.com/255251/how-to ... -your-mac/
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’m not sure it’ll be able to decode Apple lossless either.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

hdasmith wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:52 pm I’m not sure it’ll be able to decode Apple lossless either.
The manual says it supports AAC files with extensions of .m4a,.m4b,.acc using the AAC LC codec which I think is the Apple lossless format?
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Rifleman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 pm The manual says it supports AAC files with extensions of .m4a,.m4b,.acc using the AAC LC codec which I think is the Apple lossless format?
You might be right. According to Wikipedia though, AAC is a lossy format, apple lossless is abbreviated to ALAC, which I can’t see in the manual’s list. I guess give it a go and let us know.

I use it on my iPhone, but then I believe the iPhone does the decoding rather than the Sensus.

I could, of course, be completely wrong. I’d be interested to hear other people’s experiments with this.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

I had all my music as Apple lossless which it couldn't read off a USB so I had to convert
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

Thank you all: formatting to exFAT worked a treat and it works for any format bar apple's own!

Just another question, and I seem to recall I may have come across this in another thread, but I loaded a few albums just to give it a try, and on the display, I'm just getting a list of ALL the tracks and not divided into albums.

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks once again
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Spaceryder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm Thank you all: formatting to exFAT worked a treat and it works for any format bar apple's own!

Just another question, and I seem to recall I may have come across this in another thread, but I loaded a few albums just to give it a try, and on the display, I'm just getting a list of ALL the tracks and not divided into albums.

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks once again
When you say 'on the display', have you clicked on 'library'? That should give you columns such as artist, album, genre, etc.

I have my collection sorted into top level folder of artist, & 2nd level as album - though I have a feeling that Sensus just uses the tags??

It's not that intuitive & you have to play around a bit. 'library' takes you into selections; 'now playing' gives you access to shuffle etc.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Spaceryder

Post by Spaceryder »

@Silver Moose
Thanks- viewing in Library gives me the artist and then the albums. Sorted! Thanks once again