First Edition Orders Closed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Often the 10 miles turns into hundreds or even thousands when you enquire.

XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

Alistair72 wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:54 pm Often the 10 miles turns into hundreds or even thousands when you enquire.
Yeah, the guys in the Belfast dealership had been driving them for a couple of weeks prior to launch - This give them a chance to experience how they drive, how the infotainment system works etc and the ability to answer customer questions in detail.
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Don't forget, a lot of dealers will be starting to place their demo's up for sale soon. My understanding being they have to keep them as a demo for 3 months. Maybe this dealer when you enquire will say something like available from x with a possible mileage of y, not sure and just my humble opinion of course, however dealers generally put their demo's up for sale a good month or so before you can actually have one.
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Jibers

Post by Jibers »

Just receive this today from my local dealer :
Exclusive to Marshall Volvo Milton Keynes, we now have the fully loaded first edition XC40s available to order. These vehicles are strictly available on a first come first served basis. To secure yours today call 01908448115 and ask for the Sales Manager. OPTOUT: Txt MB33STOP to 60777
1 Year In :D - FE AWD D4 bright silver, 20”, Lava, Apple Car Play. Loving it!
Bob

Post by Bob »

The order books have been reopened for a limited number of First Editions.
I put an order in for one on the Saturday after the launch. It has been sat on the computer awaiting approval from Volvo since then.
Today the dealer phoned to say they have the go ahead from Volvo, and to collect my £1000 deposit.
I should hear on Monday, when I go in to test drive their T5 demonstrator, when delivery will be, probably June or July, or maybe even later.
According to the dealer it will be an MY19, he thinks the headlight washers will be available, but not the 20" wheels, which is fine as I wanted 19" wheel anyway.
The price was good, used the IAM Volvo discount (Volvo Affinity Scheme?) which was as good as the Drive the Deal discounts, much better than CarWow discount, but not quite as good as the UK Car Discount discount.

Bob
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Kennyf27

Post by Kennyf27 »

I’ve also been contacted by my local dealer to say that orders for the FE are being taken for this week only!!!
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

Bob wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:02 pm The order books have been reopened for a limited number of First Editions.
I put an order in for one on the Saturday after the launch. It has been sat on the computer awaiting approval from Volvo since then.
Today the dealer phoned to say they have the go ahead from Volvo, and to collect my £1000 deposit.
I should hear on Monday, when I go in to test drive their T5 demonstrator, when delivery will be, probably June or July, or maybe even later.
According to the dealer it will be an MY19, he thinks the headlight washers will be available, but not the 20" wheels, which is fine as I wanted 19" wheel anyway.
The price was good, used the IAM Volvo discount (Volvo Affinity Scheme?) which was as good as the Drive the Deal discounts, much better than CarWow discount, but not quite as good as the UK Car Discount discount.

Bob
I wonder if this will also include the £1.5k dealer contribution if on PCP and 3 years free servicing??
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
Bob

Post by Bob »

Yes it does as it was still available when I placed my order.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
brunel01

Post by brunel01 »

Bob wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:51 pm Yes it does as it was still available when I placed my order.
Yes we ordered today. Got it for £36k inc £1500 contribution and 3 years servicing. They will put 20" wheels on. Ordered white T5.

Not as good as the £33,406 but reasonable discount.
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Did everyone who got the £1500 contribution also get 3 years servicing?? Or rather should I have when I ordered my FE?
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.