Too many defects

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Volvo XC40 Gloss wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:29 pm It’s not a dealer issue... dealer and service should only recognise the fault and replace.
The problem is from factory since there was no quality control in my case with so many defects. Really awful for a premium automaker. The sad side of the story is that I was told Rattles are normal and humidity inside the roof is normal too. Awful customer service and I can say this is very insulting saying nonsense just to get rid of the pain in the @ss... also told not to pay attention to the software bug( its nothing)....
Is this how Volvo dealers treats their customers who bought a 40k car???? Is Volvo a premium automaker in my case??? If this car is not eligible for a replacement, what case is?
Cause if they are willing to fix all these in case they can of course ... well I am not willing to visit service again!!!!
I've been told that rattles are normal too and I would only get CAP valuation upon rejection of my car which is £4000 less than I paid. I've never had a car that rattles like this and I've always had old beaten up cars.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

All issues resolved. The flood Was created by a misplaced water drain pipe under the driver seat.
VolvoXC40|D3|R-Design|Crystal White|Pan Roof
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Dealer ok. Good service. However parcel shelf like a drum kit on any ‘uneven’ road (UK roads, any good ones..?), sorted by applying foam rubber boots on rubber mounts, shelf to light and half thickness of a good VW parcel shelf.
Weird alternating ‘click’ noise from dash area around speaker area, very annoying.
Pin holes in paint work spotted on first wash/polish, and a lot of strange mechanical noises on auto start and engine off.
Vehicle is 4 weeks old and I have to give it the benefit of doubt as its ‘bedding in’, however now regretting choosing what I thought was a decent looking motor.
Have had a V50 and that was excellent. This one not so good.Anybody had any similar experience?
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

Hi Georgie,

I suggest you visit the dealer, ask for a courtesy car and report all issues in order to be resolved.
Take it in and they will fix it.
I can assure you Sweden Team will pay the highest of attention to the matters. I was resolving all issues for more than 5 months...Now the car does exactly the same noise from dashboard. Sounds like it is coming from the parcel shelf but then again it might be coming from engine.
I have placed my self 2 cables in the engine that was generating a pulsing, rotating sound. Cooler cable was misplaced from engine hooks and another one on the right side of the engine( 2 thick cables clipped together).
I suggest you check it your self too. Cables misplaced and not hooked created this resonance in different air flows and speeds. Same probably happens to dashboard.

Most important is that all issues was resolved painlessly within 2 days and Volvo has already a database of technical issues, allowing them to identify and resolve effortless.
I know is hard to deal with such issues in a new car...

But when issues will be resolved you can’t imagine how much you will enjoy this car.

Take it in!
Please update soon
VolvoXC40|D3|R-Design|Crystal White|Pan Roof
CaliforniaDreaming

Post by CaliforniaDreaming »

I bought an XC40 in California in May of 2019. Within a few months it developed two “buzzing” noises.

1. Buzzing noises coming from the steering column when driving over rough roads at higher speeds (60mph).
2. Buzzing noises coming from the rear right pillar area when driving at low speeds (10-30mph) on any surface. This one is most similar to the other reports on this thread. This one is far more noticeable than the first one.

I should note that to my ear, the noises are not drivetrain rattles. They sound like trim pieces or loose connectors or some such making noise as you drive. Either way, they are irritating!

I took the car in for service. The dealer tried to fix #2. They said they found a loose screw on the right tail light and tightened it. It got rid of the noise for literally one single day and then it came back. I’m taking the car in again next week. I’ll update you guys.