Lease purchase

The place to discuss everything else..
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Moaning...………………….. but a bit late now but be warned.

I checked online for lease deals and one company NATIONWIDE came out well.
I started the process and agreed terms paying up front an admin fee, all well and good.

Now I knew it was going to take some time to be built, in my case ordered end of April expected due date early December.

I got several no change notes then I got one that gave me 17th October followed by 10th October.
That turned to be the day it arrived and was road registered. Yippee, well no not really as now all the financial documents had to be passed by the finance company then from their acceptance a 14 day cooling off period must run because my lease is classed as a distance sale.

So I wait 6 month for delivery, they then need to review the paperwork, then the 14 days has to run.
This seems silly as if I now reject it they will have a car built to my spec, sitting on their books, why this couldn't have been done during the 6 month build period amazes me.

To make things worse they have asked for some additional paperwork from the sales team and nobody can confirm if/when the 14 day period started. It could have started on the 10th but it may not have but nobody knows.

So me the customer is left feeling p****d. :evil:

So be warned it seems if you lease online you will have to wait for the vehicle to be registered before the 14 day cooling of periods starts.

I may well write to Volvo. :cry:

Best
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Not sure what writing to Volvo would achieve. That company you're leasing from aren't associated with Volvo. To Volvo it's just a customer ordering a car.

Seems to me your annoyance is with the leasing companies inefficiency in processing your paperwork once the cars delivered and DVLA delay in getting the car registered.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Thanks for your reply Shaenei.

You are perfectly right of course but if I was Volvo I would want to know how my car customers were being treated as it could effect the brand name.

I'm hopeful that when I get my hands on the car I'll soon forget all the trouble I have had and get on with enjoying the car.

Best
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Wowza -- 30 mins ago the delivery people contacted me.
I have agreed a delivery date of the 8th November being the first day they can deliver it after the 14 day cooling off period.

Happy days will soon be here so let the lease begin.

Regards
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Well that's good news😀

I appreciate delays are frustrating (I waited over 7 months for my car) but getting worked up about it isn't going to help I'm afraid.

But I'm sure others will be interested in your story with regards to this particular leasing company
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October