Response to my Volvo Customer Satisfaction Questionaire

The place to discuss everything else..
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I had a call at 11am this morning from the new Sales Manager at my local dealer, he started on the day I picked my XC up. He wanted to see me in person to apologise and fully understand my experience from start to finish as there were clearly a lot of failings at most stages of the process.
Unexpectedly, he offered to come out to my home and discuss everything, so he's just been now.
We had a long talk through everything and he was very keen to understand customer expectation vs what the process actually was. He's now going to arrange to have my car collected and revaleted, and also look to tidy up the little scratches it's now got (unrelated to the dealer). They're also going to investgate the coliision prevention as it's trigger half a dozen times where there appears to have been no reason at all for this.
He also took some time to check if I had any other questions or issues and helped me make some adjustments to help with using the voice recognition . . I did say I was just being lazy and would be able to work it out, but he insisted on taking the time to go through them whilst he was here.
I get the feeling the experience at the dealer will improve over time with him at the helm. :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

chingf0rd

Post by chingf0rd »

I know they my dealer will be sending me one of these surveys and to mark them out of 5. I was told that if I mark them a 4, it is classed as a fail. Thing is, the dealer has been pretty much fine - it's VCUK that has ballsed things up for customers and some of those problems have manifested through to dealerships.
MY19 FE / Crystal White / T5 / Polestar / Ordered Jan 2018 / Delivered June 2018
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

chingf0rd wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:14 pm I know they my dealer will be sending me one of these surveys and to mark them out of 5. I was told that if I mark them a 4, it is classed as a fail. Thing is, the dealer has been pretty much fine - it's VCUK that has ballsed things up for customers and some of those problems have manifested through to dealerships.
Yeah I mentioned that being asked directly to score them as Outstanding hadn't gone down well with me given the experience I'd had, but more the way the sales guy said it. The manager who saw me today explained that they do fail in Volvo's eyes if any question is not responded to as Outstanding, regardless of how many Very Goods they have - seems harsh.
I did say I felt a bit guilty complaining now given the situation where many people can't get a car in the first place. He did mention they may offer 1yr lease returns to the people who are delayed loads, not new - but low miles FE versus delayed R-Design is maybe a good option for some.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
early adopter

Post by early adopter »

My dealer pointed out which were the questions that carried a bonus payment - it's good to talk straight! From memory there were only three questions that had a monetary link.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

They've taken 'Tubbs' away today to check her (maybe a him) over and polish up etc. In the meantime, I have an R-Design T8 XC60 on my drive . . . it's faster than a super fast thing! Not the best handling thing and seems to feel every little blemish on the road surface - but interesting to have a short drive of as I've never driven a hybrid before.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:11 pm They've taken 'Tubbs' away today to check her (maybe a him) over and polish up etc. In the meantime, I have an R-Design T8 XC60 on my drive . . . it's faster than a super fast thing!

Hmmm - I think that new Sales Manager must like you ;)
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

pjm007 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:59 pm
kirsty_s2k wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:11 pm They've taken 'Tubbs' away today to check her (maybe a him) over and polish up etc. In the meantime, I have an R-Design T8 XC60 on my drive . . . it's faster than a super fast thing!
Hmmm - I think that new Sales Manager must like you ;)
Think he's keen to improve the general perception that they are rubbish.
He's going to sort out my £350 refund in relation to the washers & 19" wheels, but he said he's not been able to get anything from Volvo UK on that. Was there not a copy of the memo somewhere on here? Just been searching for it now but haven't found it. EDIT - Found it now :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020