Does anyone still watch Top Gear?

The place to discuss everything else..
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So I, being of a certain age, grew up watching Top Gear. Very informative when it started. William Woodard, Chris Goffey etc, etc. They used to test everyday cars that everyday man could afford or aspire to own.
Then the format changed a tad. Clarkson still did testing but was move focused on entertainment. Now the program has completely veered off in a direction that I can’t and don’t want to understand. Are you with me or agin me?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Peter8642

Post by Peter8642 »

Is there a new series?

They should keep Chris Harris, bring back Rory and Sabine, and get rid of the cricketer and the comedian. The latter two are nice blokes but have no place in a car show.
2021 XC40 Inscription T5 Recharge, Denim Blue + Blond.
Driver Assist, Lounge, Versatility, Towbar, Spare Wheel and Jack.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Nope awful program
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Peter8642 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:35 am Is there a new series?

They should keep Chris Harris, bring back Rory and Sabine, and get rid of the cricketer and the comedian. The latter two are nice blokes but have no place in a car show.
Yeah maybe. But to be honest, I vowed never to watch it again after they destroyed a new Alfa that had just been launched. They decided to see if they could handbrake turn it through its own silhouette cut out. The Alfa was a lovely looking car. After they’d finished with it, it had dents in the bodywork and a cracked windscreen. They should have just hit it with a hammer and been done with it. The fact it was a press car and the public got to see the car all over the world might have be a worthwhile exercise for the cars exposure has got nothing to do with it.
Angry old git rant over😡
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

Just seems to be rehash of old ideas. 3 blokes take 3 cars somewhere and test them. Would like to see cars being tested that the everyday bloke or woman in the street could own. Sure test the exotica but we all can't afford £90,000 and above cars.
Olaf1

Post by Olaf1 »

Lost all interest in it when they started smashing up caravans and classic cars, the format has not improved with new presenters.
XC 40 D3 Auto. in Denim blue with blonde interior, lounge pack, winter pack and tow bar being just a few of the extras. Reg Sept. 2020.
Moss

Post by Moss »

No, I do not (still) watch Top Gear, and anyway, Top Gear has never been my cup of tea, really.
I occasionally watch a Harry Metcalfe’s « Harry’s Garage » video on YouTube : much more interesting IMHO.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Moss wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 pm No, I do not (still) watch Top Gear, and anyway, Top Gear has never been my cup of tea, really.
I occasionally watch a Harry Metcalfe’s « Harry’s Garage » video on YouTube : much more interesting IMHO.
Absolutely. Got to love Harry. What a life he leads...
Moss

Post by Moss »

Dermottdog wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:33 pm
Moss wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:32 pm No, I do not (still) watch Top Gear, and anyway, Top Gear has never been my cup of tea, really.
Absolutely. Got to love Harry. What a life he leads...
I don’t know much about his life, but he’s clearly a car lover to say the least, and I quite like the way he conveys his enthusiasm. I don’t know anything about farming, but I confess even watching a Harry’s Farm video from time to time, for the same reason.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

My Corvette owning friend keeps trying to get me to watch the new series with Flintoff and that comedian, but it's not for me. Harris is a good bloke, does good car journalism, put him in a format that's useful and relevant to the changes the industry is going through that helps the public make decisions, get away from the petrol lad smashy nonsense.