Polestar 2 Anyone ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Hi use wondered if anyone buying / upgrading to a Polestar 2 or the fully electric XC40
T5 First edition Crystal White

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I’ve no intention in going to an electric vehicle until the national refuelling infrastructure to support them is in place,10 to 15 yrs down the line maybe?, and the price of electric vehicles comes down significantly. Until then the owner will always have to compromise on the convenience/functionality of an ICE vehicle...

The only thing that might change my mind is if the government starts imposing levies on fuel/tax to encourage/force the general public to make the move.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

I’ve now joined a Polestar forum and reading the comments there seems to be a lot of problems at the moment and the general consensus is that the range is about 200 miles , a lot less than advertised, what a surprise. The polestar comes in at £47k. The XC 40 recharge which is basically the same vehicle with a different body, as the polestar is based on the XC40 underpinnings , is £60 K !!!
I’m interested in the Polestar but until the problems are sorted I won’t go anywhere near it and the XC40 is just to expensive.
Morse

Post by Morse »

I have to admit I have thought about it and will look to arrange a test drive next year. However major concern for me is charging infrastructure. I have no off street parking and even if I levelled the front garden and got the council to drop the kerb, it would still be a squeeze to park the car there. I don’t think I can consider until there are a lot more charging bays within walking distance to my house. As much as I like the XC40 there is no way a 60k ticket can be justified given the Polestar RRP. Living in London and regularly getting lumbered with the congestion zone charge is a motivator though, especially now when I’m avoid public transport journeys.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
CastleMarkT

Post by CastleMarkT »

I drove one of the non performance models last week and it is fantastic with excellent build quality. I've watched a lot of YouTube video reviews of the car and most agree the range is less than Polestar claim especially in the colder climates. There's no doubt Elon's cars have the advantage with range and charging infrastructure but I'd still go the Polestar simply because of the build quality. Other models may be in the pipeline that are cheaper (2WD and less performance) which would interest me when I come to change my XC40 T5 PHEV in a couple of years.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.