Insurance discount

The place to discuss everything else..
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Motor insurer Direct Line are offering customers a discount for low mileage during the Covid lockdown, based on actual miles covered compared with mileage predicted in the proposal declaration. Not a big saving alongside vehicle depreciation, but a nice gesture all the same.

Bill Payer

Post by Bill Payer »

Thanks.
Yes this year is strange. Mileage is well down from expected. To be expected though I suppose.

I've always found DL quite expensive compared to others. Tend to use Confused, CompareTheMarket etc.

Managed a little over £220 for the next year; just paid.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

If you do low mileage, take a look at car insurer By Miles https://www.bymiles.co.uk/

You pay a low fixed cost and then a monthly bill based on the miles you have driven. They send you a black box to plug in to your car, but it only measures miles covered.

Based on my 4,000 miles/year, they were MILES cheaper than the next best conventional insurance company.

Cover in Europe seems to be included free too (for now...).

SNAG: unlike conventional insurance, you are not covered to drive any other car 3rd party (which was a show-stopper for me as I drive my partners car every weekend)
MY2020 R-Design
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.