Significant dent from the car wash

The place to discuss everything else..
BA777

Post by BA777 »

Hi,

This dent in the boot area of my XC40 has upset me.

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

Last edited by BA777 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Oh dear, makes you wonder if breaking the lockdown regulations for a non-essential trip to a car wash was really worth it doesn’t it...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
BA777

Post by BA777 »

Actually before you blast me for taking a non-essential trip it was attached to the shop where I bought essential food items for my vulnerable father who has to stay at home for three months because of his heart condition.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Osmium Grey | 20" wheels | Ordered 07/02/18
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I only use a hand car wash close to me which only uses autoglym products and do a superb snow foam wash. they are working through the lockdown but are offering a service cleaning the car interior door cards, dashboard, steering wheel etc or deep clean shampoo if required with special product to kill off virus and bacteria so I think they can justify being open
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

BA777 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:42 pm Actually before you blast me for taking a non-essential trip it was attached to the shop where I bought essential food items for my vulnerable father who has to stay at home for three months because of his heart condition.
First, I’m really sorry the dent happened.
Second, no one is blasting anyone for taking non essential trips out. You did what you thought you had to do.
But you’ve learnt the hard way - rule 101 is never, ever put a newish car through a car wash 🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Internet Officer

Post by Internet Officer »

Is this an automatic carwash or manual wash?
Internet Officer

Post by Internet Officer »

So your essential trip which had a non essential car wash added to it now involves personnel from a repair garage, possibly an insurance company, and probably a car wash company. All work that wouldn't have been required if you'd followed the government guidelines. Let's hope no one catches anything along the way.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Internet Officer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 pm So your essential trip which had a non essential car wash added to it now involves personnel from a repair garage, possibly an insurance company, and probably a car wash company. All work that wouldn't have been required if you'd followed the government guidelines. Let's hope no one catches anything along the way.
Come on, give the person a break. After all, the mechanical car wash isn’t gonna catch anything. Garages and body repair shops aren’t working so I guess there’re not gonna catch anything either....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

BA777 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm Hi,

This dent in the boot area of my XC40 has upset me.
Good luck getting it sorted out, Hopefully they can work some magic and it will not be a major repair and respray.

I avoid these car washes for just this reason. Took a works car through an automatic car wash years back - the car was 6 months old and then car wash damaged several panels on the car with deep scratches (looked like it had been keyed by a mass of people). Loads of paperwork for the insurance and so glad it was no my car.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:17 pm
Internet Officer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 pm So your essential trip which had a non essential car wash added to it now involves personnel from a repair garage, possibly an insurance company, and probably a car wash company. All work that wouldn't have been required if you'd followed the government guidelines. Let's hope no one catches anything along the way.
Come on, give the person a break. After all, the mechanical car wash isn’t gonna catch anything. Garages and body repair shops aren’t working so I guess there’re not gonna catch anything either....
Well said Dermottdog :D
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.