Significant dent from the car wash

The place to discuss everything else..
JontyB

Post by JontyB »

Dermottdog wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:17 pm
Internet Officer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 pm So your essential trip which had a non essential car wash added to it now involves personnel from a repair garage, possibly an insurance company, and probably a car wash company. All work that wouldn't have been required if you'd followed the government guidelines. Let's hope no one catches anything along the way.
Come on, give the person a break. After all, the mechanical car wash isn’t gonna catch anything. Garages and body repair shops aren’t working so I guess there’re not gonna catch anything either....

Of course garages are open. Haven't you kept up with UK government advice? They have a very good website.

They are a key, vital workforce, an essential part of the economy. While they are tasked particularly with MOT tests and essential repair they can also service and I'm sure some will oblige with sorting out body repairs.

While most main dealers are out of action there are thousands of smaller garages eager for your business - my brother-in-law's garage for starters.

Although if I asked him I'm sure he'd be reluctant to put his and fellow workers' lives on the line for someone who's damaged their car by flouting the essential journey only rule 😀

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

JontyB wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:56 pm
Dermottdog wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:17 pm
Internet Officer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 pm So your essential trip which had a non essential car wash added to it now involves personnel from a repair garage, possibly an insurance company, and probably a car wash company. All work that wouldn't have been required if you'd followed the government guidelines. Let's hope no one catches anything along the way.
Come on, give the person a break. After all, the mechanical car wash isn’t gonna catch anything. Garages and body repair shops aren’t working so I guess there’re not gonna catch anything either....
Of course garages are open. Haven't you kept up with UK government advice? They have a very good website.

They are a key, vital workforce, an essential part of the economy. While they are tasked particularly with MOT tests and essential repair they can also service and I'm sure some will oblige with sorting out body repairs.

While most main dealers are out of action there are thousands of smaller garages eager for your business - my brother-in-law's garage for starters.

Although if I asked him I'm sure he'd be reluctant to put his and fellow workers' lives on the line for someone who's damaged their car by flouting the essential journey only rule 😀
Key workers - Nurses, Doctors, Firefighters, Ambulance men and women. Oh, and anyone with a Spray Gun🙄
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

So much for volvo's build quality reputation! Flimsy comes to mind.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Ringer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:46 pm So much for volvo's build quality reputation! Flimsy comes to mind.
What??? How is this anything to do with build quality?

Have you ordered a car yet or still deciding?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

BA777 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm Hi,

This dent in the boot area of my XC40 has upset me.
Sorry to see the damage to your car. I hope get it sorted without too much hassle.
I bet you wish you hadn’t started this thread now though!!
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

What??? How is this anything to do with build quality?

Well, as I see it ,a car wash roller doesn't dent your average car!
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Ringer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:28 pm What??? How is this anything to do with build quality?

Well, as I see it ,a car wash roller doesn't dent your average car!
Unless it’s a faulty car wash. There’s a reason for the disclaimer notices plastered everywhere. Used to put the company van thru various washes. All ok. But as for my own car, never in a million.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

What idiocy!
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

DarrenF ---Have you ordered a car yet or still deciding?

I won't be ordering for sometime,thing is I wouldn't feel comfortable,in a new car,until well after this
crisis.
Millions of people will be struggling ,for some time ,for the basics.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Blimey, I'd be heartbroken, if that happened to my car, even the one I've got now, let alone a new one. Much sympathy from me dude, hope you can get it repaired.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D