Significant dent from the car wash

The place to discuss everything else..
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Ringer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:23 pm I won't be ordering for sometime,thing is I wouldn't feel comfortable,in a new car,until well after this
crisis.
Millions of people will be struggling ,for some time ,for the basics.
I think that is a wise move.

With shortages of supplies there could be 'alternatives' made to the car (like the removed button to drop the back seats).

Take care and good luck choosing your next car when the time is right for you.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Yep, it could be a bitser. New parts and old being installed. Johnny Cash’s “one piece at a time’ comes to mind😊
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

However if people don't buy new cars then the people that work in the car and component factories could lose their jobs and the factories close.

It is a shame that the car manufacturing plants are rare (where they make everything on site) to be replaced with car assembly plants..that put together bits and pieces made elsewhere. That's progress I guess.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Hi sorry for your incident, I believe that in expert hands this could be repaired by a paintless beater.have a look at YouTube and you'll be impressed
Stay safe
Jojo
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Good grief that’s some dent, how did that happen, did the car wash malfunction?
I assume they are insured and will pay for the repairs. At least the tailgate panel is easy to access and doesn’t require major trim removal.
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Lightning wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:20 am Good grief that’s some dent, how did that happen, did the car wash malfunction?
I assume they are insured and will pay for the repairs. At least the tailgate panel is easy to access and doesn’t require major trim removal.
I realise this was a long while ago but just wanted to ask about this: is access to the rear of this panel relatively straightforward? I’ve had the joy of coming out to find a dent similarly-placed. Not as serious as this one but still on that crease.

I’m just mentally preparing myself for the PDR quote, I was concerned that would struggle with access to knock it back..:
BA777

Post by BA777 »

Not sure I’m afraid, it was repaired at the garage in the end so I don’t know how they did it. Sorry I can’t be more help
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 4WD [190] | Osmium Grey | 20" wheels | Ordered 07/02/18
Deleted User 3629

Post by Deleted User 3629 »

Sorry to hear of the damage - it can happen anywhere anytime and devastating when it does. I understand life can feel a bit too short to clean cars, and the convenience of abundant car washes available are tempting but have always took time out to clean the car - to often you see the same wash mittens cleaning car after car - wonder how much GRIT has accumulated turning then into mild scourers - all that grit cutting into fresh new paint - and the corrosive acids they use for wheels helping to destroy the delicate coatings of modern diamond-cuts - ouch - no thanks. Also, the bonus in cleaning your own car, you get up close to see any scuffs or chips that can be dealt with before corrosion sets in - return to cleaning your cars - your car will love you for it!!!