What car are you changing from?

The place to discuss everything else..
rednik

Post by rednik »

Had an Audi Q3 - very good but hard ride. Wanted to buy British and decided to change to a Range Rover Evoque. Drove it out of the showroom and returned it 20 minutes later with defective climate control - started bowing hot air from one side and cold from the other for no reason as I left the showroom. Still not fixed three days later so rejected car and have now ordered a T4 Auto FWD Inscription Pro.

Every Volvo I've had in the past has been dependable so hope the XC40 is too. I'm so disappointed with the Evoque and the dealer experience.

Tangsoodo

Post by Tangsoodo »

Just left a Mitsubishi Outlander which was a 7 seater so am missing the bigger boot. But the xc40 is much more refined and smoother. Plus the Misti has spend most of this year in the dealers with problems
jac830

Post by jac830 »

I came from a gutless 2016 Honda HR-V 1.5. Had my XC40 a few months now and loving it so far. It’s an upgrade in every way from the Honda, apart from one thing I’ve noticed as the nights are drawing in... the headlights (Active Bending LED’s as part of the Pro pack) are nowhere near as bright as my old Honda’s. Very weird.
Ive also got a Audi S5 and the headlights on that car are also way brighter... I’m constantly looking to see whether I’ve actually got any lights on driving the Volvo around town with street lighting.
2019 XC40 R-Design Pro, Fusion Red, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate, Harman/Kardon Premium Sound, 21” Alloys
Klanky

Post by Klanky »

Mercedes C200 CDI estate

Merc engineering standards are not what they were and the car was suffering from timing chain wear (common to the OM651 engine). Owned it from nearly new and was sad to see it go with 114,000 on the clock but the cost of fixing the timing chain and a couple of other minor issues was more than 2/3 of what the car was worth. Mercedes dealers have also provided very poor service in past 18 months, so time for a change.

Was looking at getting a V60 but was taken with the XC40 in the showrrom. Opted for an ex-demo very low mileage D3 manual Momentum Pro in black with some goodies (intellisafe, rear camera, winter pack, convenience pack, 19" wheels). I do 15,000 to 18,000 miles per year, mostly long motorway / A-road trips so wanted something comfortable.

Initial impressions are very good, mpg is around 50 and it's very quiet on the move. SWMBO likes it a lot better than the Mercedes!

I have an MX5 2.0 litre for when I need to have a blast.
olderbutnotwiser

Post by olderbutnotwiser »

Changing from a Seat Leon FR.
I sometimes find myself thinking about considering contemplating exceeding the speed limit in the Leon,
whereas in the Wife's rav4, I relax and de-stress more.
Hoping the XC40 will have the same effect in a more refined package.
G4a

Post by G4a »

Audi ttr 3.2 dsg.
R-Design Pro T4 Awd
morganj

Post by morganj »

Last car was 2005 Porsche Cayenne S.

Running and repair costs were becoming quite ridiculous. 3-5 full tanks of fuel per month. Not good.

The Porsche is gone and during the wait until May / June for the Xc40 Twin Engine to arrive I am driving a 2017 V40 XC D2 as a long term rental
Last edited by morganj on Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
CambsClive

Post by CambsClive »

From a Tiguan 2Lt. diesel.
Apart from some of the others mentioned especially the Q3, I've also considered a Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI SEL which is better equipped and c 5k less wedge. But my main aim is to get out of diesel and bridge the gap for a few years until hybrids have developed whilst mitigating depreciation.
However, I suspect that Mrs. Jim may not appreciate this as her daily driver?
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

I finally said goodbye to my Porsche Cayman after 10 years. I had bought it new in 2009 and it was a great car.

Deciding on what next was difficult. I had driven several Volvo’s over the years and was always impressed.

Upon reflection, ordering an XC40 R Design Pro T5 was the right choice. My lifestyle has changed slightly and the new platform, tech and options sealed the deal. I have scoured the web and cannot find a poor revue of the XC40.

Delivery expected in March.
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
Spider62

Post by Spider62 »

I said goodbye to my Mk7 Golf GTI PP I’ve had for 7 years yesterday.

After a wide search of what’s available the XC40 fitted what I needed as life changes. Much better for getting grandkids in and out of. I have only driven 30 miles so far but I’m very impressed with the volvo’s ride and engineering.
R-Design Pro T4 Auto FWD Bursting blue. Intellisafe Pro, Active 4-C Chassis, Rear Park Assist Camera, Front Park Assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Smartphone Intergration.