Will Brexit affect delivery schedules

The place to discuss everything else..
buddie000

Post by buddie000 »

Hate to bring this up but with all this talk about Brexit, I wonder if this will affect the delivery schedules? Thoughts any one.

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Interesting question. I wonder what the legal position is if there is no deal and significantly increased costs. Are dealers committed to the price in our contract or can they increase them if Volvo increase retail price which thy undoubtedly will? Even more of a pain that my delivery date has moved from march to April!
EdK

Post by EdK »

I specifically asked about this and whether ordering when I did would fix the price. Went ahead on the basis of the dealer's assurance of delivery estimate and that it would fix the price notwithstanding any tariffs.

Delivery date is scheduled to squeeze in under the wire.
Inscription Pro T4 in denim blue, ordered 2 Jan 2019, collected 30 March 2019. Intellisafe pro, 360 camera, convenience pack, spare wheel, smartphone integration
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I hope you are right re price as mine will be late April. I see Porche have already notified a 10% price increase if no deal.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Salmonfisher wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm I hope you are right re price as mine will be late April. I see Porche have already notified a 10% price increase if no deal.
Worth remembering though that the probability of no deal, while undoubtedly real, is maybe just 10%. So perhaps 90% chance of current arrangements and prices continuing as at present, whether that's a delay to the deadline or a deal on some terms that allow the agreed transition arrangements to kick in.
Harrydog

Post by Harrydog »

Mercedes have jumped uk cars ordered to the top of the build slots, a friend who had a delivery date after March 29 has been told this and to expect it here next week. He doesn't need to register it till April so it's on the new plate.
Pbvolvo

Post by Pbvolvo »

My dealer has told me the factory is working flat out to get the cars deliver before the 29th. Mine was scheduled for the 4th April but I should now expect it in March. What ever happens they said they will honour the price - will have to wait and see but if it does go up I will hit the 40k break off point for road tax in which case I will probably tell them to keep it.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Pbvolvo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:49 pm but if it does go up I will hit the 40k break off point for road tax in which case I will probably tell them to keep it.
I'm in same position as my car should land in UK in March but won't be ready for me to collect until April.

I won't have to pay any more for the car but, if a tariff was slapped on for 1/4, it would hit me for VED.

It's all incredibly unlikely but I don't think I'd walk away, I'd just accept it.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera