Dieselgate

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 3530

Post by Deleted User 3530 »

I see Leigh Day and others are after Volvo for cars sold in the last 10 years with a claim against their emissions levels. Having had 2 XC60’s D5 and a C30 D2 (still have it) I wonder what the outcome will be? They say 67% of the money will be mine if the claim is won in court on a no win no fee basis and the average claim is for half the initial purchase price. Anyone signing up?

Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
I used to own diesel vw Tiguan, I initially signed up to a no win no fee group action against vw, I pulled out when the company was asking for agreement on areas that were not clear to me, probably nothing in it .
VW have paid compensation in the US but I believe that they have much stronger consumer and emission laws than the EU and the Uk and the cynicism in me believes that the Germans will not stand aside and let their car industry be crippled.

The main reason that I have not continued with the claim is the fact that VW introduced a fix for the emission problem , a fix that was certified by the European governing agencies regarding emissions. Also VW have stated that residual values would not be effected , don’t know if that is true certainly my car was not effected when I traded in

VW would argue all this in court as would other manufacturers, I had the software fix applied to my car it did not effect performance or fuel consumption.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my
Deleted User 3530

Post by Deleted User 3530 »

Yes I think most manufacturers brought in a ‘fix’ to get their vehicles to the level they claimed when first brought out. I read VW paid out $14.7 billion in the US, but as you said, the US emissions levels are well below UK and therefore the ‘fix’ was not as much in the UK as we allow higher emissions and hence no compensation for UK drivers yet. Germany has taken VW to court and the ruling is due in 2022. If it’s in favour of German VW owners then the UK lawyers representing owners will do the same as emissions levels in Germany and the UK are similar. So it could be worth putting my name forward though it may be a few years away before any payment. No win no fee and a cheque in a couple of years might be worth a go.