Heated windscreen

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
deanio

Post by deanio »

Press the button once for electric heated windscreen. Press twice for heated windscreen plus max defrost (max air). Press again to switch off both.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D

xc40nz

Post by xc40nz »

q3billy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:02 pm Another annoying thing is how quickly the heated screen turns off!
Does anyone else have this issue? And it's not even warm to the touch when it turns off.
T4 Inscription + all options + sport pedals ;)
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Im doubtful that my heated windscreen is working well, my old Volvo a V40 with a fully frozen up window would defrost completely in about 30 seconds my xc40 seems to take forever
drjamesr

Post by drjamesr »

Anyone else noticing that the windscreen (slightly) and side windows mist up easily when driving? Have to turn heat off cabin heating to windscreen to resolve.
[/quote]

Back windows for me, but only in eco mode which reduces power. Have now set the individual preferences and left air con on normal.
XC40 Inscription, D4 AWD, Pine Grey, black leather faced, 19” double spoke #924, Xenium, Intellisense surround, Winter/Htd wheel, Spare wheel
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

That would probably explain why I've noticed windows misting a bit over the last week or so. I've been experimenting with driving in Eco mode (doesn't seem to make much mpg difference over my individual mode of basically comfort with stop/start turned off). Hadn't considered that the aircon setting may be different in Eco.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.