Query on missing items

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Erago

Post by Erago »

Hi,

I finally picked my r-design up a couple of weeks ago and still haven’t been able to have a proper look round it yet but I am noticing little things that I thought came as standard on all models so just wanted to check with you all.

Firstly:
I thought there was a draw for storage under the drivers seat and passenger seat? Neither seats have one and I have attached a picture as underneath the seats seem pretty open, like there should be more protection from all the wires at least?

Secondly:

I don’t have lights under the wing mirrors or puddle lights under the door handles. I’ve queried this with the dealer and they said it was only for the First Editions. Is this correct?

Thanks

2B5DACF9-0D4D-42B8-B657-035DE58B924E.jpeg

44827016-D758-4096-BC64-76C88A410B1C.jpeg

XC40 | R-Design | 2.0 D4 AWD | Crystal White | 19" wheels | Ordered April| Delivered November

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

The drawer under the driver's seat is part of the optional convenience pack.
Not sure on the second point. I think it was queried by someone else on this forum but don't know the outcome.
I have them on mine but it is a First Edition.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Puddle lights are missing from my car, but depending on which edition of the price list you look at, were included to start with, and removed later.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello hdasmith.
I have virtually the same car, colour as you and it was delivered November 8th 2018 too.
Mine is the Inscription Pro and does have the seat drawer on the drivers side plus all the under door, puddle and wing mirror lighting.

It isn't a basic Pro as I did add some extra options so I'm not sure if that's where the differences are.

I have been wondering how I confirm all the Inscription Pro bits plus my extras have been added as I don't have any paperwork showing this with the delivery. I do have a full online built car I did so I can check that plus a list of the extras I added.

Does it say Pro anywhere on the car or do you just know it's a Pro by what's fitted?

Best
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Hi Mark, when did you order? I can’t see anything written about it being a Pro, just the features - heated windscreen and seats, bending lights, etc. The only option I added was CarPlay.
Ordered 11th May 2018
Markxc40

Post by Markxc40 »

Hello hdasmith - I ordered my xc40 19th April 2018 here in the UK.
It does look as if there was a spec change while it was being built which I seem to have too.

I must say that the bendy headlights I haven't noticed so must check that I have, but all the other IP bits I do.
Is it something I have to select?
I can't check anything just now as my wife is out shopping in it and practicing the car park foot wiggle at the boot. :lol:

Best
Driving a Volvo XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription Pro AWD Geartronic in Pine Grey :D
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Markxc40 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm Mine is the Inscription Pro and does have the seat drawer on the drivers side plus all the under door, puddle and wing mirror lighting.
I have a First Edition XC40 that has both under-door puddle and under-handle lighting but has no under-wing mirror lighting, except for the built-in indicators?

I've just looked through the original sales brochure and I can't find any mention of wing mirror lighting anywhere - is there some confusion here or do they actually exist? Unless Volvo have since substituted the under-handle lighting in later models for under-wing mirror lighting, I don't think they've ever existed have they?

Having said all that, I'm not sure where any lighting would go on my wing mirrors as I have integrated cameras in them for the 360 camera system and surely having lights next to them would interfere with this?
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

as per scott the only thing i've got under my wing mirror is a camera, no lights. Also not sure what the puddle lighting is as i just assumed that was the lights under the door handle to basically light up when you step out??
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

Shaenei wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:00 pm as per scott the only thing i've got under my wing mirror is a camera, no lights. Also not sure what the puddle lighting is as i just assumed that was the lights under the door handle to basically light up when you step out??
I take puddle lights to mean the ones under the bottom of the doors that light up the ground. The door handle lights are a separate thing and are under the door handles, not the doors.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Markxc40 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:11 pm Hello hdasmith - I ordered my xc40 19th April 2018 here in the UK.
It does look as if there was a spec change while it was being built which I seem to have too.

I must say that the bendy headlights I haven't noticed so must check that I have, but all the other IP bits I do.
Is it something I have to select?
I can't check anything just now as my wife is out shopping in it and practicing the car park foot wiggle at the boot. :lol:

Best
They’re quite noticeable when on. They’re activated swiping for the right page, in with the other driving aids. Mine were on by default.
Ordered 11th May 2018