R-Design Pro

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

So I've had my car 5 days now and covered just under 500 miles. I'm absolutely loving it, it's very comfortable and the T3 is plenty powerful for my needs, smooth engine, easy to overtake in.

Couple of issues though...
I'm missing the puddle lights in the door handles I was under the impression that they would be there, does anybody with a R-Design or R-Design Pro have them.

The air woofer is causing some really bad rattling in the dashboard so that's booked in to be looked at on the 3rd but I've since noticed a metallic vibration sound coming from the HK speaker grills on the doors... Does anybody else have this or have had it sorted?

Also, the subwoofer... does it even exist?! :lol: I can't hear a thing.

Music is a big thing for me, of course otherwise I wouldn't have paid extra for the HK
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I’ve got a rattle from the rear driver side door speaker, not HK system. Air woofer provides plenty of base for my taste, but maybe that’s what’s rattling in your dash!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
deanio

Post by deanio »

q3billy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:08 pm So I've had my car 5 days now and covered just under 500 miles. I'm absolutely loving it, it's very comfortable and the T3 is plenty powerful for my needs, smooth engine, easy to overtake in.

I'm missing the puddle lights in the door handles I was under the impression that they would be there, does anybody with a R-Design or R-Design Pro have them.

The air woofer is causing some really bad rattling in the dashboard so that's booked in to be looked at on the 3rd but I've since noticed a metallic vibration sound coming from the HK speaker grills on the doors... Does anybody else have this or have had it sorted?

Music is a big thing for me, of course otherwise I wouldn't have paid extra for the HK
Hi.
My wife has an R Design Pro and that has the lights in the handles.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

deanio wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 pm
q3billy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:08 pm So I've had my car 5 days now and covered just under 500 miles. I'm absolutely loving it, it's very comfortable and the T3 is plenty powerful for my needs, smooth engine, easy to overtake in.

Hi.
I see you ordered yours after I ordered mine too... Could you get a photo of them so I can prove to my dealer that they're supposed to be there.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate

deanio

Post by deanio »

Hi.

I see you ordered yours after I ordered mine too... Could you get a photo of them so I can prove to my dealer that they're supposed to be there.

Picture of handle lights for you.

AFDF2903-2FC8-42D0-894A-700E5728E6F9.jpeg

White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
Becksie

Post by Becksie »

I don’t have them either - There is no option on the settings to switch them on either.
Ordered 12/03/18 - D4 R Design Pro - Fusion Red.
Build date - 02/11/18 :shock:
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

I've found they are odd, they seem to come on when you unlock the car in the dark, but don't stay on for a while when you stop and get out of the car before you lock it?
First Edition in Red - Love the car but love my Ducati Multistrada more...
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I've asked a couple of dealerships about this because I don't have them on my car and nobody seems to know because they aren't actually on the spec list...

What I have noticed though is the people who have got the puddle lights have keyless entry. I don't have keyless and I don't have them, doesn't explain why on my order form I have puddle lights on it.

q3billy

Post by q3billy »

Oh also. The car went in for the speaker system... My air woofer was faulty without a doubt, he said it was jumping about.
My door speakers weren't touched so it's going back in for those, they agree something is wrong there. You expect a new car to be able to play piano without a metallic, shrill, shrieking sound.
I mentioned the rear subwoofer and he didn't even know that they came with one, tested it to make sure it was working and it is but he said it made next to no difference.

Since the new air woofer I now have additional rattles from the glove box area. They are worst with the volume two clicks down from halfway so it's not like I'm playing the music too loud.

Jammie1989

Post by Jammie1989 »

q3billy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 pm Oh also. The car went in for the speaker system... My air woofer was faulty without a doubt, he said it was jumping about.
My door speakers weren't touched so it's going back in for those, they agree something is wrong there. You expect a new car to be able to play piano without a metallic, shrill, shrieking sound.
I mentioned the rear subwoofer and he didn't even know that they came with one, tested it to make sure it was working and it is but he said it made next to no difference.

Since the new air woofer I now have additional rattles from the glove box area. They are worst with the volume two clicks down from halfway so it's not like I'm playing the music too loud.
Hi

Did you ever manage to sort the rattles after going back in? Just picked mine up last week and have this issue.

Don't want it taking apart if its going to make rattles worse :cry: