Delivery 6 months early!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Ordered in mid August with estimated delivery 1 June 2019. I had hoped that this might improve to April/May when the new production capacity came on stream in January. But, got a call 2 days ago to say ready for collection next week. I initially thought they'd confused me with another order but no, it is my car.

The only explanation was that production had already been increased to reflect demand. Although good news in many respects the negligible notice has created some problems. I shall also be checking very thoroughly that all of the standard and optional spec items are actually there!

This is an extreme example of under-promising and over-delivering!
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.

Talisker7

Post by Talisker7 »

nice one Boxy keep us posted please
T4 R Design Pro Fusion Red
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Fair play to you for originally committing to a 10 month wait time!! Would love to know if this is indicative of a wider trend...
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Great news for you !
I wish it would happen to me... :(

Maybe it's a canceled order, do you have more info ?
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Boxybutgood

Post by Boxybutgood »

Collecting on Thursday. I'll see if I can get any more info on how this vast improvement on delivery time actually happened. They have already mentioned that they have had 'a few' arriving similarly early with no advance warning from Volvo.

Apparently the dealer can log on to Volvo's systems to monitor production progress but -understandably- they hadn't looked at my order as it was 6 months away...
XC40 T4 AWD Inscription Pro + Options. Delivered November 2018.
Graad

Post by Graad »

Boxybutgood wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:03 pm Collecting on Thursday. I'll see if I can get any more info on how this vast improvement on delivery time actually happened. They have already mentioned that they have had 'a few' arriving similarly early with no advance warning from Volvo.

Apparently the dealer can log on to Volvo's systems to monitor production progress but -understandably- they hadn't looked at my order as it was 6 months away...
Yes, if you can have more info, it would be nice !

I called today just to get an update (after your message, i hoped they could have a good news for me :D), and the date is still in February.
They told me I could call again in January for a new update...
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D