Keyless Touch sensitive surfaces and Cleaning

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
niteshade

Post by niteshade »

Hey Guys

I chose keyless locking/unlocking as an extra and as amazingly useful and cool as this feature is, it's annoying during cleaning.
The car continuously locks and unlocks itself when wiping the car dry for example. :?

One workaround is to unlock the car before cleaning/washing and keep the remote out of range but this isn't always convenient.

Does anyone know of a way to temporarily disable the touch sensitive surface areas?
I have gone through the settings but haven't been able to find anything. The local dealer didn't know either and has promised to inquire.
D3 R-Design / Bursting Blue

Mickr

Post by Mickr »

It is really annoying for it to open/lock whilst cleaning. I keep my key in one of those signal screening pouches when not in use. I take this out with me when I wash my car and slip the key into once open, problem solved.
FE/T5/Bursting Blue
varavital

Post by varavital »

I just leave the key on the front seat when washing the car. Doesn't lock or unlock during washing.
The road is more important than the destination.
ZED

Post by ZED »

I do similar and no problems. This is what I also had to do in my previous Audi.

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20โ€ Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
Gre

Post by Gre »

Of coarse inside the car. The system deactivates once itโ€™s senses the key inside the car. Imagine if you are inside a locked car and a stranger passes by and opens the car from outside using the keyless door knob.....keep the key inside the car and you should be ok.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
niteshade

Post by niteshade »

Thanks guys for the help. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Š
D3 R-Design / Bursting Blue
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

varavital wrote: โ†‘Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:03 pm I just leave the key on the front seat when washing the car. Doesn't lock or unlock during washing.
Thanks guys! Reading this old thread saved after a year of annoying moments while washing the car helped a lot! I've tried leaving the keyless key in the cupboard holder today while washing and there were no locking/unlocking the doors.
Now I only have to find the way to calm down side mirrors after washing, other than pushing the memory button until they are back in their positions :)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I find not washing the car avoids these issues ๐Ÿ˜
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Great thread, doors locking/unlocking while washing has been bugging me for the last 20 months of ownership. Thatโ€™s all.