Remote start activates alarm

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Perhaps worth people stating how they have their vents angled? Can't remember where I read it but Volvo recommend having vents angled downwards IIRC.

Stating obvious but things dangling from mirror clearly a no no.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

ZED

Post by ZED »

My temporary fix is to deactivate the interior alarm sensor the night before. It works but a) I have to remember to do this and b) it makes the car less secure. I have booked my car in for 3 month check and have referred the issue to the dealer. I shall let you all know if the problem is resolved..
I am chuffed with the car otherwise.

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

I had the three month check, the software update and the recall update and it's still doing it 10%-20% of the time I use Remote Start. Very annoying. Dealer was not able to help in any way. Blank stares.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
Flinta

Post by Flinta »

Hello everybody!
Its my first post and im from sweden, please excuse my english...

This is a well known issue that remote start activates the alarm, Volvo is well awere of it - its a huge problem!
For the 90 series they just have fixed the problem, but xc40 series has totally diffrent software so its gonna take some time to fix it. For the time beeing there is possibly to do a temporary fix, the problem is this:
The alarmsiren has a levelsensor and the car thinks somebody lift your car up, and then the alarm goes off. So changing the alarmsensor to one without levelsensor and reprogram the car with a custom mady software for each car will solve the problem, and when Volvo has fixed this for the XC40 series you gonna have to change the alarmsiren back to your old one with levelsensor and reprogram the car again with the new software...

I know this because i have done it on my XC40!

My car is a: XC40 D4 R-design 20" Awd Aut Polestar -19
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Don't know if it is significant but all of those here who have reported the problem appear to have a D4. Anybody with other engines having this problem?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
James Blonde

Post by James Blonde »

Didn't happen to me originally when I got the car, but does seem to have been happening this winter...
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

James Blonde wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:30 pm Didn't happen to me originally when I got the car, but does seem to have been happening this winter...
Same - seems to be on the proper cold days like today
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
mark.scoble

Post by mark.scoble »

I have the same :cry:
senwar

Post by senwar »

Just happened to me this morning. Was only testing remote start as well.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

My alarm went off this morning using remote start too.

So far it seems to be happening around 50% of the time and on cold/icy mornings.
XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19