Remote start activates alarm

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
weasle

Post by weasle »

Non-D4 and no problems so far....
XC40 2.0 T4 Inscription AWD, Onyx Black with Blond Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Smartphone Integration, Tempa Spare Wheel, Privacy glass.

Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

I have a D$ and happens every time I use it tried different things, unlocking and locking first, lowering fan speed. But still sets off alarm every time.
Flatman5

Post by Flatman5 »

Sorry D4 obviously
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

I have to say I've had no problems whatsoever with the remote start (touching wood as I write this!) If anything changes in this regard I'll let you know.

My car is a D4 FE picked up in July 2018.
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar
Brandyman

Post by Brandyman »

Strangely enough never had a problem with this but remote start activated the alarm this morning. Will have to keep under review.
XC40 D4 Inscription. Onyx Black, Winter Pack, 360 degree Camera, Sensus Connect Premium Sound
Arrived July 4th :)
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

This was absolutely happening before the cold weather for me.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
Bonnieballoo

Post by Bonnieballoo »

Mine was fine until it went in for its 3k check and a software update. Now does it every time I use remote start. Only use the one key as well.
And it’s a D4 First Edition
Last edited by Bonnieballoo on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chunkyhair

Post by Chunkyhair »

Hi All - first post, so please be gentle

This is happening with my wife's XC40 (first Edition D4). Seems to happen 50%+ remote starts with no obvious cause. Is damned annoying as we have just had a cold snap in the UK and my wife leaves for work at 5.45am when it would be great to have the car running for 5 mins to get warm/defrosted but is unable to do so as will wake the neighbours.

I am going to get it looked at by the Dealer when we get round to it and will report back (as well as keeping an eye on the Forum for any developments). From reading this thread, it must be a software issue in my opinion - surely the alarm system should go into some kind of reduced guard setting when the remote start is activated.

That aside - she loves the XC40, as I do. She had previously had a 940, 850 and latterly an XC90 which we had for 10+ years. She was then tempted by the RR Evoque - that lasted 15 months until she saw the XC40 and she realised , in her own words, that it felt like she had been having an affair and was unfaithful to Volvo! When she saw the car in the showroom when I picked up my V40 in Nov she was hooked. Got to say it is a great car, drives like a dream and amazingly well equipped....

...just need to sort out the remote start/alarm problem now!
Wass

Post by Wass »

Hi, I am also a D4 FE owner currently encountering the same alarm problem with the Remote Start.

I’ve only had the problems in the last two months and on average I get an activation every 2-3 starts.

My local dealer stated that Volvo were aware of the problem and were working on a fix.

The XC40 is a great car and loving the ownership experience in my first Volvo. This is the only gremlin that I have experienced in 9 months & 9k miles.
D4 First Edition Polestar - Fusion Red/Charcoal
ZED

Post by ZED »

I have just got my car back from 3 month check up.
Hey presto, I can now remotely start without the alarm sounding.
There were software updates which have sorted the problem.

ZED
XC40 D4 FE Polestar Crystal White. Charcoal Interior. 20” Wheels. Ordered 16 March, 2018
Original ETA June 2018 - now end of October 2018