Volvo XC40 Hydraulics Failure and Airbags Error...

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
luminousentrepreneur

Post by luminousentrepreneur »

Hi all,

I currently have a Volvo XC40 Momentum, with about 3.2k miles on the odometer. I drove for about 20 miles, then just sat in the car for 10 minutes while it idled as I waited for someone. After it was time to go, I put the car in reverse and all a sudden my power steering failed. I got messages in the dashboard confirming that the park assist functions were no longer available.

I restarted the car twice, and on the third go the steering power hydraulics kicked in. However, this time, there is an "SRS Airbag Service urgent Drive to workshop" message in the dashboard. This light keeps staying on. I also noticed a large puddle below my car but I don't know if it's from the car or something else as it has been raining...

I'm going to call Volvo OnCall tomorrow as it's too late here. I don't want to drive to the dealership because its 30 miles away. Anyone have any suggestions/similar stories? Very concerned...my previous car (RAV4) ran 200k miles without a single issue.

Thanks.

boroman

Post by boroman »

Hi, I had a persistent issue with the airbag service message a couple of months ago. There is an earlier thread on here with the details. In a nutshell it appears I had a leak into the cabin via a badly fitted drain point. This led to water ingress under the passenger seat which ,in turn , damaged some electrical components housed under the seat. These were replaced and the leak repaired. Up to now (touch wood) I have had no further problems.
Red XC40 FE D4 20" Alloys
Morten

Post by Morten »

I also had the airbag fault, they changed a module in the car and it disappeared, as a bonus I now have bending lights—the fog lights lights up when I turn the steering wheel—I am pleased 😊

I will not drive with the car if it was leaking the hydraulic oil, I guess the hydraulic pump will be destroyed if it runs without the oil flowing.

Let us know what happens.

Br Morten