Dealer or independant

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
aj05

Post by aj05 »

I still waiting for my inscription but pondering the following Having ordered through a broker as Local Volvo dealer had a couldn't care less attitude
Do I find a reasonably local dealer and sign up with their service dept or do I use as I do now a Volvo independent specalist who has the volvo software computer etc
I know Volvo have to honour the guarantee by law as long as service and parts are as specified for the car
Any opinions?

hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Normally I’d say independent - but factor in the cost of Volvo On Call after three years (if applicable), as I think it’s £99 from year three, or free I’d serviced by a Volvo dealership.

[edit] or maybe I’m talking nonsense!
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/about/our- ... vo-on-call
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
deanio

Post by deanio »

Volvo on call is free for three years. You have to renew it after three years irrespective of where the car is serviced. It isn’t free to renew. I’ve extended mine until 2023 already just in case the price increases by 2021 when it expires.
White T4 R Design Pro ordered 17/04/18 and supposedly arriving 30/09/18. Picked up 2nd October. :D
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Like hdasmith, I think I misinterpreted what the salesman said when I picked my car up. I thought on-call was renewed for free when you get it serviced by Volvo. Having looked into it, I now believe he was referring purely to Volvo Assistance (the breakdown cover).

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mainte ... ce-promise

This says that’s what you get, but I can’t find any reference anywhere about free renewal of the other on-call services. So for factoring in value of a Volvo service, I guess it depends on your other breakdown options.
Last edited by morrishey on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Oh good, I wasn’t going completely mad then!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

If you take out the Volvo finance then you will automatically get the three years servicing, then as long as the dealer services the vehicle you will get free breakdown cover which includes Europe and of course Volvo updates. The three year on call is standard on XC40's and believe it is £39 a year after the third year
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18