For those still waiting - what other car would tempt you to cut your losses?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Must say I am tempted by new Evoque. New chassis better finish and an electric motor thrown in. However I think I will I wait for my XC40 and then my next car will be a hybrid Evoque or Disco Sport as they will be AWD unlike the hybrid XC40 which if, as reported, is only FWD would be a non starter for me.

tomtallon

Post by tomtallon »

The reason I joined the forum is that after extensive research, I cannot go past the XC40 or the Seat Ateca Cupra (or Cupra Ateca as they now call it).

I've costed up the BMW X2 M35i and the Audi SQ2. To get the spec of a T5 Inscription (OK a bit down on their bhp), you are paying around £45,000 before discounts. My specced T5 with winter pack comes to just over £37,500 and I would expect to get a discount of £2,500 from an Internet dealer such as CarWow. Incidentally the Cuora Ateca now has a 4 year warranty, I believe.

Frankly as its about to be superceded, the best value load carrier has to be a Seat Leon Cupra sports tourer or ST. Fully loaded with a lux pack and costing £34,400 before discount but a very fast and capacious car.
tomtallon

Post by tomtallon »

The reason I joined the forum is that after extensive research, I cannot go past the XC40 or the Seat Ateca Cupra (or Cupra Ateca as they now call it).

I've costed up the BMW X2 M35i and the Audi SQ2. To get the spec of a T5 Inscription (OK a bit down on their bhp), you are paying around £45,000 before discounts. My specced T5 with winter pack comes to just over £37,500 and I would expect to get a discount of £2,500 from an Internet dealer such as CarWow. Incidentally the Cupra Ateca now has a 4 year warranty, I believe.

Frankly as its about to be superceded, the best value load carrier has to be a Seat Leon Cupra sports tourer or ST. Fully loaded with a lux pack and costing £34,400 before discount but a very fast and capacious car.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Oddly enough, I jumped ship from another order (VW Tiguan) to the XC40 (though I made sure I found a dealer with build slot 1st).

I'm really glad I made the jump now, as I can't wait to get my hands on the Volvo - the Tiguan was more head than heart.

Having said that, although the current Tiguan is in its twighlight, it did have 3 things I'll miss:

- Fold-flat front passenger seat
- Dynamic Light Assist (like Volvo's AST}
- Adaptive Lane assist (learns your preferred lane position)
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Silver Moose
I have a Tiguan SEL 190 at present while waiting for my XC40.
It has been a great, reliable and comfortable car which has not put a foot wrong in 46,000 miles but I agree it is a head rather than heart car.
I will miss the fold flat front seat which is great and bigger boot but the XC 40s I tested all drove better and look so much better. Quieter, quicker and smoother.
Dynamic Light assist is OK and fun at first but not something I would pay a fortune to have.
Adaptive lane assist I find a pain and have switched off. I found it unsettling and more of a nuisance than a benefit unlike ACC which I couldn't live without and so have had to add the whole package to get it on my upcoming XC 40.
Interestingly I spoke to my dealer this morning who said I am still showing as delivery third week in April but lots of orders are coming through early now!!!
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Received my T4 2 weeks ago now - very glad I didn't waver after first making this thread! Drives like a dream, looks super smart - there's nothing like it on the roads (for now!). Only gripe is the MPG - 18.5mpg currently! Have yet to take it for a long drive to be fair - looking forward to the warm weekend to take it for a spin!
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.