For those still waiting - what other car would tempt you to cut your losses?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Hi all

Ordered middle of Sep for an early Feb delivery (5 month wait). Don't know about you but have been checking this forum daily in that hope that others start to see the wait decrease (unlikely I know!).

In the meantime have started to contemplate pulling out and going for another option - not sure whether a 5 month wait is worth it, especially since it looks like delivery dates are frequently pushed back further! A 2nd hand XC60 (2017 - present model) is looking mighty tempting given that a) I can get a decent spec XC60 on the used market for the same price I'm paying for my new XC40, and b) it obviously shares a lot of the XC40's pros.

Is anyone else feeling the same? If so, what cars are tempting you?
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

My problem was no cars ticked as many boxes as the XC40 so I just had to wait
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

You're obviously a much more patient person than me! The XC40 ticks all my boxes while the XC60 doesn't on one (size - parking in London), however this was something I was willing to compromise on if it meant getting a car now versus possibly next Spring.
T4 Inscription: Pine Grey, Blond interior + Intellisafe Surround + 360 camera + rear tinted windows. Ordered mid-Sep 2018, delivered 6th Feb 2019.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Bobby wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:19 pm You're obviously a much more patient person than me! The XC40 ticks all my boxes while the XC60 doesn't on one (size - parking in London), however this was something I was willing to compromise on if it meant getting a car now versus possibly next Spring.
Size was one of mine and it wasnt something I could compromise on with my drive not being big enough for a 60
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I would loved to be able to get the XC60, but emissions meant there were very few SUVs I could by. The D3 FWD Manual is the only that comes under the obligatory 130g/km rule we have. I also need good lumbar supports after thrice being rear ended by other drivers. That leaves me with this and the Evoque - dim witted gearbox, tiny rear space, not very attractive.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Having had an 8 month wait for mine and the experience of driving the car for a week now, I think you’d be a fool to go elsewhere. The car is streets ahead of the competition - easily the best car I’ve owned. Just sit tight and enjoy the wait.
BGVolvo

Post by BGVolvo »

I've gone through many...
Mazda CX5 - nice but looks a little frail and crap infotainment system
BMW X1 - Nice but doesn't have the seating position, comfort, or kit that the XC40 does
Seat Ateca - A poor second choice. Point
VW T-Roc - Plastic and flimsy... looks nice though!
Audi Q3 - It would be easier to reinvent the wheel than to navigate Audi's pricing policy
Merc GLA - Just not interested
Hyundai Tucson - Looks nice but just doesn't have any character
Range Rover Evoque - Too expensive
Jaguar E-Pace - Ditto
VW Tiguan - Was actually quite close but decided against it
The only car that has come close was the VOLVO XC60, but the wait for that was close to 5 mths so I though if I could wait 5 mths, I may as well wait another three!
GemBar

Post by GemBar »

I like many others waited six months for my vehicle to arrive and worth the wait, hold in there you won’t be disappointed.
The car looks amazing and packed with gadgets, this is my fourth Volvo now and I am so happy with it, I have also received a lot of compliments about the car when out and as like others don’t see them a lot on the road which is also a good thing.
Hope you can hold in there.
XC40 T3 R Design | Winter Pack | Heated Rear Seats & Steering Wheel | Front Parking Sensors | Power Tailgate | Osmium Grey | Ordered Mid March for Delivery June / October / September | Now driving as from 14-09-18
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

For the record I am glad I waited. I had a seven month wait during which I completely went off the idea of the XC40 at all and came very close to giving my order to a friend. But now I have it and have done 1000 miles I am hugely pleased.

My alternative would have been the e-pace or x2, both of which were more expensive and less well specced.
XC40 D4 Auto First Edition, Crystal White, Lava Orange, 20" Alloys, Polestar - Ordered 14/3/18 - Delivery 6/10/18
Graad

Post by Graad »

hdasmith wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:54 pm I would loved to be able to get the XC60, but emissions meant there were very few SUVs I could by. The D3 FWD Manual is the only that comes under the obligatory 130g/km rule we have. I also need good lumbar supports after thrice being rear ended by other drivers. That leaves me with this and the Evoque - dim witted gearbox, tiny rear space, not very attractive.
First of all, I wanted the XC40 so bad because I found it so beautiful !
I actually have a VW Polo and I was not really into a SUV but as I said the design of the XC40 has changed my point of view.

As I am also under a number of leasing rules (limited brands, CO2 limitations), my choices are very different.
These are not all SUVs, but i was looking for these cars :
- BMW X1 : old interior, hope to see the new dashboard as in the new BMW (3 series)
- BMX X2 : I kinda liked the look but the suspensions are too hard
- Audi A3 or A4
- Mercedes new A Class (love the 2 new screens)
- VW Arteon (but the interior is the same as the Passat)
- VW T-Roc : liked the look, but you have a better interior in a Polo :?

I think I would have pick the new A Class, becuse that was the best deal for me !
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D