Cleaning!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

The worst part of owning a new car is the attempt to keep it clean. I’m fairly lazy about this but I also don’t want to scratch any new paintwork. Anyone used these sprays for waterless wax and cleaning? Are they any good or not safe? Failing that , what tips do people have for fast exterior cleaning?

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Snowfoam is king. I personally wouldn't touch waterless cleaning

I use this snowfoam https://www.monzacarcare.com/shop/washi ... snow-foam/

The process is simple. Fill your bottle in your Lance 50/50 snowfoam and hot water. Connect to your power washer and spray the foam over the car (I use the thickest setting on my Lance). Leave it for 5-10 mins and then rinse off using your power washer (low pressure will do)
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Haven’t got the gear to do a foam wash. Did do a proper wash using the two bucket method today though and the new girl is looking good.

7D499B3A-A0A2-4BEB-BBB8-61F32A1C92A6.jpeg

936CF376-387A-48F4-8A8C-959BF2A42867.jpeg

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Looking good bill

Regarding the snow foam, I'd buy the equipment it'll be worth it as we enter winter. Salty roads, lots of spray to shower said salt onto your car and too cold to be hand washing a car, or that's my opinion lol
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Ok. Being doing a bit of research about this. What I’ve discovered is that the snow foam is more of a pre-wash and although it looks pretty good it’s not going to keep the car clean for long. What I’m thinking about is possibly doing a wax, but I’ve never waxed a car before so I’m thinking does anybody have any suggestions on what wax do you use and how I do this. It looks like a wax will keep the surface cleaner for longer by making the dirt fly off with a protective barrier.
Ronnnie

Post by Ronnnie »

I don't mind cleaning it but I can't reach across the bloomin roof
Db55

Post by Db55 »

If you read the manual it states you shouldn’t do anything other than washing in the first 12 months. Unfortunately I applied polish then Jetseal to it after I washed and “clayed”the car before I read this, can’t do any harm I suppose but probably undid whatever Volvo had applied!.
T5 FE, osmium grey
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Hi Db5, I understood the manual to say hand wash only to start, I.e. don’t use a car wash because the paint’s still hardening, and the mechanical forces are greater with a mechanical wash than by hand.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Db55 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:07 am If you read the manual it states you shouldn’t do anything other than washing in the first 12 months. Unfortunately I applied polish then Jetseal to it after I washed and “clayed”the car before I read this, can’t do any harm I suppose but probably undid whatever Volvo had applied!.
I read it as you can wax the car, but not polish it.