Apple Carplay

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

Hello,

Just taken delivery of my R Design XC40 and as its a lease car the lease company has 'opted' out of the in car connected services, which means I don't get the remote start etc etc......

Its the basic R design with just 19" alloys and the crystal white paint, no other extras.

Despite the understanding that many things wouldn't work, I really thought the Apple Car play would - or is this a cost option?

Plugged my iPhone in the front USB at the side of the 12v socket but nothing? I've turned off Bluetooth on the phone.

Do I need to tether my phone and download Car play app to the car or something?

thanks in advance

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Is it plugged into the usb port with the white border?
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Smartphone Integration (CarPlay & Android Auto) is a cost option. If you've got it, you'll have 2 USB ports in the front, one of which has a white border, which is the one to use for CarPlay.

If you've not got that, you're back to bluetooth (although I'm not sure if you can use an iPhone plugged into the USB and using he iPod app in Sensus)
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

Thanks all. just one USB in the front.....any ideas if it can be dealer retrofitted?
Gre

Post by Gre »

oldguy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:08 pm Thanks all. just one USB in the front.....any ideas if it can be dealer retrofitted?
I don’t not think this can be retrofitted at least for the time being.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
Morten

Post by Morten »

yes it can, mine was retrofitted.

Kind regards Morten
mrbarnes

Post by mrbarnes »

Yes, it can be retro fitted but at a cost of £900!