Updates from dealer as delivery approaches

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Boo22

Post by Boo22 »

Soooo, build date was 6th Oct for my FE, had previously been told expected to dealer by 31st so I would be driving between 6-10th Nov.

Just wondering how often and what sort of updates those lucky enough to have collected their new cars were given by their dealers? I’m with a broker who it would seem can’t understnad why I would keep chasing for a confirmed date at this point.....
T5 1st Edition, Crystal White, 20" alloys, charcoal. Delighted owner since 13h Nov.

Whenwillitarrive

Post by Whenwillitarrive »

The only updates we got were when we asked for one. Sadly they don’t seem to feel you are a customer. The date changed constantly and we finally got a build date when we insisted on seeing a print out from the Volvo system - the date we were then given was even later than any date we had been given in the past. On reflection I wish we had been more demanding from the start and perhaps would have been told the truth after the initial delay (which after finding this forum we were expecting).

Our car is being prepared now. A real shame as no longer excited as it’s been so painful the process from order to arrival. Dealers/brokers should remember this is a big and exciting purchase for most people. Hopefully our excitement will return when we drive it home!