Reversing Camera

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PC40

Post by PC40 »

TrevG
If you are changing anything, consider the 360 camera. This is a huge improvement on just the rear camera. The rear window line is high and it’s hard to see right behind the car. The parking sensors are pessimistic and leave room for the boot to open. The mirrors are easy to reverse with as well. I only usually switch to the rear camera to make sure I’ve left enough room for the garage door to open as the car needs to be positioned accurately to fit on the drive.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

PC40 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 pm TrevG
If you are changing anything, consider the 360 camera. This is a huge improvement on just the rear camera. The rear window line is high and it’s hard to see right behind the car. The parking sensors are pessimistic and leave room for the boot to open. The mirrors are easy to reverse with as well. I only usually switch to the rear camera to make sure I’ve left enough room for the garage door to open as the car needs to be positioned accurately to fit on the drive.
The 360 camera is amazing - one of those things you don't know how you survived without. It's great for working out distance to leave and I find it a god send as my work car park is super tight and I often have to squeeze between parked cars, so easy to see what room you have.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
TrevG

Post by TrevG »

The 360 camera looks good but is unavailable unless you purchase the intellisafe surround or intellisafe pro making it an expensive camera
EG.
Intellisafe Surround and camera £1300
Intellisafe Surround Pro and camera £2200
Xenium pack and Intellisafe Surround £2200
XC40 R Design T4 Fusion Red, winter pack, electric tailgate,Sunroof, reversing camera, mud flaps ,boot liner, fitted rubber mats, and spare wheel
NitramA

Post by NitramA »

Got a response from Volvo.
As expected they think it looks fine, but to have a chat with a dealer if i think it’s faulty.
No surprise there.
I’ll have the conversation at my 3 month check if it still bothers me.
I reckon it won’t.