Boot liner / Mat

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ish1234

Post by Ish1234 »

Hi Everyone,

I've got 2 labs and am in need of a boot liner / mat. Was having a look around at some. I know Volvo sells one but it does seem a bit pricey, was interested to know if anyone has purchased an aftermarket one? Were you happy with it one or have any suggestions.

Thanks
Last edited by Ish1234 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XC40 FE T5 Bursting blue/charcoal/20”

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Hi, I recently bought one from ebay that was advertised as a V40 bootliner, but was a universal fit. It has 2 attachments to go around the rear headrests, also sides that can be fastened with Velcro (supplied) and section that drops down over the rear sill so no scratches from dogs when they jump in. Advertised as suitable for dogs etc. I use it when I put my fishing tackle in the boot. I think it was around Β£25. Ideal.
andygou

Post by andygou »

I bought this: "Sakura FERSS4612 Boot Liner and Bumper Protector" from Amazon. Only Β£9.99, made of tough fabric with elastic straps to go over the headrests. It has velcro-fixed side pieces which cover most of the sides of the boot (which is where my dog leaves lots of hair in an unprotected boot!), and a flip-out flap to prevent scratching the bumper when the dog jumps in and out.

Couldn't believe how good it is for the price, it has been in the XC40 and my previous Golf for nearly a year so far and has kept both boots far cleaner than they would otherwise have been!
T5 FE Bursting Blue, 19" wheels, no headlamp cleaning. Ordered 24 February, arrived at dealer 25 April, delivered 30 April.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

https://www.boot-buddy.com/

I bought from these guys - seemed expensive but having used loads for mountain bikes and when I look after a friends dog - thing it's fab.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

kirsty_s2k wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:16 am https://www.boot-buddy.com/

I bought from these guys - seemed expensive but having used loads for mountain bikes and when I look after a friends dog - thing it's fab.
Bought from these myself and it doesn't fit πŸ˜₯

It seems like they've designed all items independently of each other and when you add things like the tailgate guard (as my dog loves jumping out as soon as he can see daylight) it doesn't fit.

Basically I ordered
VersaLiner
Promax Kit
Tailgate Guard
Dog bedding (my dog loves this material btw)

The promax kit fits perfectly but it shouldnt really as the additional pieces add size. I could cut to fit it but feel like they don't know of the issue and won't help if I don't tell them.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Shaenei wrote: ↑Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

It seems like they've designed all items independently of each other and when you add things like the tailgate guard (as my dog loves jumping out as soon as he can see daylight) it doesn't fit.

Basically I ordered
VersaLiner
Promax Kit
Tailgate Guard

The promax kit fits perfectly but it shouldnt really as the additional pieces add size. I could cut to fit it but feel like they don't know of the issue and won't help if I don't tell them.
I have the versaliner and promax kit, then the mat rather than bedding and the bumper guard - I didn't go for the tailgate guard. They seemed pretty helpful when I dealt with them.
Is the issue with the Tailgate piece?
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

kirsty_s2k wrote: ↑Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm
Shaenei wrote: ↑Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Basically I ordered
VersaLiner
Promax Kit
Tailgate Guard

I have the versaliner and promax kit, then the mat rather than bedding and the bumper guard - I didn't go for the tailgate guard. They seemed pretty helpful when I dealt with them.
Is the issue with the Tailgate piece?
They've ask for some pictures. No I cant use the VersaLiner at all, the boot won't close with it in.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

That's odd - I find I have to tuck mine between parcel shelf and back seat - but then it just fits well. Let me know if you want me to fit it and take some pics (don't have it in all the time)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

I got mine from the hatch bag company, not the cheapest but lots of options available in a wide range of colours
It’s a great fit , my xc was used as the template for manufacturing
Highly recommend
T5 First edition Crystal White
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

kirsty_s2k wrote: ↑Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:29 pm That's odd - I find I have to tuck mine between parcel shelf and back seat - but then it just fits well. Let me know if you want me to fit it and take some pics (don't have it in all the time)
Yeah I did that but still doesn't fit too well, I've sent a series of photos to them as they wanted to see the issue but won't get a response now till early next week

This is how mine fits, is yours the same Kirsty?

IMG_20190208_154947.jpg

IMG_20190208_154927.jpg