Pilot Assist Question

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Not long to wait for me now...had the call and my FE is due in 2 weeks :D
Stuck in traffic yesterday I got wondering about piot assist. Can this be activated in a traffic jam or do you need to be going a certain speed? Hoping it’s the former as would be nice to just let the car do its thing.

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

It works from 0 to 87 mph with an automatic. Owners Manual does recommend not using it in traffic through.
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

don't use it at slow speeds but recently in high crosswinds it works fine and does not overcompensate. Mine is the usual complaint it does not keep central to the lane markings, always appears too close to the nearside.
If someone offers you more than you paid for it don't take it, they are worth keeping and enjoying.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

Works fine for me in very low speed traffic. That said, I prefer using ACC only when I'm not on the motorway. In city driving you normally go through junctions and areas without very well defined lanes. Pilot Assist tends to struggle in these situations, but ACC is always spot on.
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

I only tried it in the test vehicle I had for 48 hours. Worked well on the motorway (didn’t see the left of lane hogging others are reporting) and coped well with heavy traffic. Don’t use in town though - nearly ran me off the road as it didn’t see sharp corners, even with clear lane paint!
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018