XC40 First Edition

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Mine's due next week.......Just got to get a dent repaired early next week, so they don'y hammer my agreed trade in, also just wondering if they'll try and knock some from the valuation they gave me in March due to extra age and milage?

My deal was £10k down, and £307pcm for 48 months; with a final purchase around £17k; If I try and build it today on Volvo's config, and add the options onto an R-Design pro, I think it came out at about nearly 50% more pcm.

I thought about ditching this one (prior to delivery) and ordering a similar spec'd Hybrid when they are out next month; but a T5 hybrid would be 2wd only, probably cost nearly £50k(tbc) if you tick all the options; and given I only currently spend about £1800 per year on petrol, it would be financial madness (absolute maximum saving around £800py by my calcs on fuel v huge extra finance costs.

And I'm not convinced it would even help climate change or air pollution (I live in the country side) .
I think hydrogen fuel-cell will be my alternative energy of source in the next 10 years or so.
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*

Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks Julian, I am very happy it has been resolved, I really didn't want to cancel the order as I knew from evidence on here that in all likelihood it would have the correct description, but the Sales Manager at the dealer was adamant that it would be described as an R-Design, hence why I pushed to make the enquiry with Volvo.
I believe one of the members on these forums sold his car back to his dealer for more than he paid for it, as you say, there is such a high demand for the car.

Congratulations on your new car :)
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Bob wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 am Thanks Julian, I am very happy it has been resolved, I really didn't want to cancel the order as I knew from evidence on here that in all likelihood it would have the correct description, but the Sales Manager at the dealer was adamant that it would be described as an R-Design, hence why I pushed to make the enquiry with Volvo.
I believe one of the members on these forums sold his car back to his dealer for more than he paid for it, as you say, there is such a high demand for the car.

Congratulations on your new car :)
Thanks Bob, so far the car is great.
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Hello Bob good news received today from the DVLA.
My V5C Registration Document reads as follows;
"Make - VOLVO"
"Model - XC40 FIRST EDITION D4 AWD AUTO"
Assurances from my Volvo Dealer about the model description were correct.
The Volvo Dealer was also very good with the deal being just as agreed in March. (No part exchange involved)
I was hoping when collecting the car, with it being a First Edition, there might have been a Swedish Flag in the glove box, unfortunately not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XC40 | First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | 20" Wheels | Crystal White | Charcoal | Polestar |
Ordered 14th March | Collected 9th October.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Your V5C was quick to arrive, I've normally had to wait a couple of weeks in the past, good to hear the model was correct :)
It was only the first so many produced that had the flag. You can buy them though, there is a thread in this forum about it.
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Julian B wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 pm
I was hoping when collecting the car, with it being a First Edition, there might have been a Swedish Flag in the glove box, unfortunately not.
You can buy it here https://www.volvopartshop.com/swedish-f ... 5299-p.asp
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Thanks Shaenei for the Swedish Flag info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XC40 | First Edition | D4 | AWD | Auto | 20" Wheels | Polestar | Crystal White | Charcoal |
Ordered 14th March | Collected 9th October.
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

Just got notice today my xc40 T5 FE has come into the dealers
He sent through an email this am

IMG_5710[7] copy.jpg

Thank you all contributors on this thread, you may have just saved me a chunk of money when I come to sell it on. :D
I had signed it; scanned it; then just checked it before sending it...
The dealer is currently investigating the issue
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
Bob

Post by Bob »

Received the V5C today and it states 'XC40 FIRST EDITION T5 AWD AUTO'
So they were as good as their word ;-)
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Bob wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm Received the V5C today and it states 'XC40 FIRST EDITION T5 AWD AUTO'
So they were as good as their word ;-)
Ditto on that Bob, got my V5C today, says First Edition.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.