Average SIM card usage

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Hi All. I know this is going to be a highly subjective question, but I was wondering what peoples average Sim card use was in the car. Is the usage on a daily commute of about an hour going to last for a reasonable amount of time on a 20-25go card? I know a lot of people have ordered the three Sim card and was wondering how long this will last in average use if you were to say listen to Spotify for an hour or two a day.

Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Re Spotify at normal quality it'll use circa 40MB per hour obviously the higher the audio quality the more data you use
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Beeko Bill

Post by Beeko Bill »

Thanks Shaenei,
I’d probably use higher quality (60mb?) so roughly 300mb per week. That should last well over a year I would think.
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Here's the info I found regarding other quality formats

Normal quality- approximately 96 kbps
High quality- approximately 160 kbps
Extreme quality- approximately 302 kbps

C4B39C6C-F3F9-4E32-AAE0-B0A51DF936E1.jpeg

XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
sunnydays

Post by sunnydays »

Does anyone have some real world figures for usage per month?

I have seen some people recommend the Three sim that gets you 200mb of data per month. But is that enough for light usage? Would mainly be for navigation and maps.

It looks like you can do a lot with 200mb https://www.tigermobiles.com/faq/200mb- ... e-is-that/ but they don't really mention navigation megabyte usage.

How much are people using here?
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

I bought a 12gb sim a year ago that has just expired. It still had 7gb of data left on it.
I only use it for traffic on the satnav and as an in-car wifi for my partner to connect her phone to for social media etc.
I have just replaced it with the 2 year 24gb Three sim at a cost of £42 which is the equivalant to only £1.75 per month for more data than I will ever use.
senwar

Post by senwar »

I've had a 2yr/24gb one for 16 months. I checked usage about a week ago and I've only used 6gb in that time. I use tunein radio in addition to software downloads, live mapping info etc.

Oddly it used about 1gb in the first 2 weeks or so too
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels