Driver Seat Cushion Inscription

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Taff

Post by Taff »

XC40 Inscription.

Does anyone else have two metal brackets protruding up in the drivers seat cushion near the back of the seat, the right side keeps digging into my hip, so have to sit further forward on the seat.
For clarification these are covered by the leather but just below the surface.
Not the most comfortable seat.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.

trjim2k5

Post by trjim2k5 »

Checked my seats today and I can't see anything protruding. Maybe get it checked by the dealer?
XC40 | Inscription Pro | D3 FWD Auto | Denim Blue | Ordered 29/03/18 | Delivered 29/09/18
Julian B

Post by Julian B »

Taff wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:37 am XC40 Inscription.

Does anyone else have two metal brackets protruding up in the drivers seat cushion near the back of the seat, the right side keeps digging into my hip, so have to sit further forward on the seat.
For clarification these are covered by the leather but just below the surface.
Not the most comfortable seat.
Hello Taff I noticed this particular problem when sitting in the drivers seat of one of the early showroom First Edition models back in March.
At the time I discussed the matter with the Sales Manager, who assured me Volvo were renowned for comfortable seats and it would definitely not be a problem.
Other XC40 Forum Members back in June commented upon their seats lacking padding and not being as comfortable as the XC60.
Sitting in showroom XC40 models more recently, though the seats seem firm, I have not noticed your particular seating problem.
My FE is ready for collection next week, after a 7 month wait, so I will soon be able to comment further.
Taff

Post by Taff »

Thanks for the replies both, I have booked it into the dealer for them to have a look on Monday, defiantly something not right.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.