From build to delivery

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Whenwillitarrive

Post by Whenwillitarrive »

We ordered a T3 R Design in March. As with many of you our delivery changed from late June/July at sales time to early Sept to late Sept and now latest we are told is build 1 Oct, arrival end Oct.

That seems an awful long time from build to delivery in comparison to some of you. Despite asking have never seen the official entry from PC showing build etc.

What delivery times have you had. We are just outside London so should be easy to deliver to.

XCOsmium

Post by XCOsmium »

Same story with me. Ordered 1st week of March with delivery end of June. Then told Sept, now told Oct with no actual date. The Stealer is never in the office when I ring and doesn't reply to emails or return calls. I'm by no means a pushy customer as have only emailed him twice in 7 months and rung for an update a few times. Not impressed so far. Which dealership did you order through as also just outside london?
D3 R-Design Pro, Osmium Grey
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Similar original tale - March order, June delivery delayed to October.

Currently have a build date of 5th October with arrival at dealer 17th October. Based on that, I'd say your 1st to end October lead time is quite long. Mine's a T5 FE as opposed to your T3 R-D. I'm certainly no expert, but maybe there's differences in factory times or priorities for finishing items, after the main 'build' has taken place? Pure speculation as to why there's be a difference!
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
Whenwillitarrive

Post by Whenwillitarrive »

Thanks
AntD007

Post by AntD007 »

Mine was actually built in early Sep but im still waiting for delivery. Was told the 3rd of Oct, now it's the 22nd of Oct. The dealer has said the delay was down to the large number of cars coming into the UK. But couldn't tell you if that's true or not.
XC40 Momentum Pro, Osmium grey, 19inc alloy wheels. Est delivery, end of Sep.