I finally have my T3 !!

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dove

Post by Dove »

At last, ( 6 months after ordering) I am the proud owner of a T3, momentum Osmium Grey, concrete interior and a few extra’s. Lots of posts on here about the posh models :D but my budget only stretch so far !!!

24hours in, very happy !!

If anyone has questions on this model - happy to help !

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Well done - hope you are happy with it! Any chance of some pics?
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Dove

Post by Dove »

I'll try and add some pictures over the weekend - If I can work out how to add them !
jesseahling

Post by jesseahling »

First of all congrats !

Ordered a T3 aswell been waiting since June. Budget is also pretty streched out for me aswell :)
However im a little bit worried how the T3 will perform since its a new engine, thinking about changing to the T4.

Pros: T3
- Cheaper in price and insurance
- Cheaper in tax (In sweden we have from 2019 a new: tax Bonus malus)

Dont know if i need the power from the T4 compared to T3, im afraid the T3 is on the weak side for a SUV,
New engines new problems etc.....

What are your thoughts guys?

Kind regards
Jesse
q3billy

Post by q3billy »

I've got a T3 on the way too. Had to keep the price below £40k because of taxes otherwise I would have definitely gone for the T4 but I've heard the manual gives better off the line performance than the sluggish T4's auto.
So long as it's not slow on the off then I'm sure it'll be fine.
R-Design Pro T3 | Bursting Blue | Xenium | Convenience | Intellisafe Pro | Smartphone Integration | Harman/Kardon | Powered Tailgate
Ordered: 04/04/18 | Delivered: 19/11/18 | Sold: 15/02/19

Replaced with: Mercedes-Benz E400 in red
Dove

Post by Dove »

So a week in, no problems with the performance (mines manual). Guess it depends what you are moving from and how you drive ! I don't thing it slow on the off - no problems nipping out quickly, or over taking. I have found that you get a better smoother acceleration with "slow" early gear changes - 3000 RPM, if you go higher then you need to change gears quicker. But as I said, that down more to what you are used too , and how you like to drive !

I've swapped from an old V50, 2.0D (and still have a 15 years old CRV which we had from new!) - This is pure luxury !! If you are more used to a modern, high powered engine then you may think differently.