Momentum D3 FWD

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

Hello guys,

Ordered my ice white Momentum D3 FWD, charcoal headlining and leather seats with inductive charging and some other goodies :D , on the 28th of August.

Been given a delivery date of late December (so far).

Since I can't wait to get my hands on it and still have time to make changes (if so needed) could anyone with a Momentum D3 FWD give me some feedback on their driving experience (how the engine handles the car, ride quality etc)??

Much appreciated and looking forward to joining the xc40 owners club 8-)
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Expected: late December / early December

Morten

Post by Morten »

In Denmark it was tested, on a video review, it was the Base model, lower than momentum—but T3 with FWD.

It was a positive review, the reporter liked to engine and the manual gear.

Kind regards

Morten
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

Yeah but that's petrol, mine is diesel and automatic so not really that similar 🙄
Ordered: XC40 Momentum FWD, Black Stone, with Park assist, Rear camera, charcoal leather and headlining, inductive charging.
Morten

Post by Morten »

Ups, sorry I have to put on my glasses before I comment...
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

No worries! Hoping for some feedback soon! :D
XC40NI

Post by XC40NI »

Hi I got my D3 Auto on the 20th September.

So far I am enjoying the drive the XC40 provides, the gearbox is very smooth and nice to drive. However its not as responsive as a manual, which means I have to plan for exiting junctions a bit better especially when start/stop kicks in. Its my first auto so I guess it will take a bit of getting used in comparisons to a manual

When the cars gets going the D3 is quite responsive and I personally dont think it struggles with the weight of the car plus 4 adult passengers.

I ordered the car last November, hand on heart I can say it was worth the wait!
Bestfan

Post by Bestfan »

Is it punchy enough when needed? Does it willingly get go when you put your foot on the gas for more power?

Also how's the acceleration from full stop? does it struggle to go at all when you need it to?

I am planning to take it a lot of weekend day tripping on the mountains so I am interested on the performance in regards to uphill road trips (no off-road!!)

Thank you for your message and the info 🙂