Ceramic Dura Seal paint protection worth it?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
julesski

Post by julesski »

Ceramic Dura Seal paint protection, worth it for a new XC40

Has anyone taken this dealer option for exterior/interior. I have always assumed it was just a money spinner for the dealer?

I may be wrong of course, is it worth doing?

Cost around £450 equivalent for interior/exterior

julesski

Post by julesski »

Decided not to go ahead, never had it before on any car so no need now :)
allroad

Post by allroad »

The product can be purchased for around £45 ... do it yourself
XC 40 FE FUSION RED D4 19" HL WASHERS TOW BAR LISBURN N.IRELAND...Now Polestarred !
Bob

Post by Bob »

Can anybody recommend the best product to use for DIY?
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Db55

Post by Db55 »

Just completed a full body seal using Chemical Guys Jetseal 109. I’ve personally used this for some years now and comes highly recommended,goes on easily by hand ( my method)or machine. I get mine from a company called Juicy Detailing,great price.
T5 FE, osmium grey
Chris-croft

Post by Chris-croft »

https://gtechniq.com/products/auto/prot ... erum-light

The gtechniq Crystal Serum with Exo, is used quite a bit by high end detailers often with paint correction;
I think you can DIY alot of the process.
Professionally carried to an SUV it can cost around £600-£700.

Has anybody had a protective clear vinyl wrap to the bonnet/bumper to protect against stone chips etc?
T5 FE GREY OUTSIDE; BLACK INSIDE; 20" RIMS; Oct 19 DEL with P*
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

I don't think I'd do a DIY job as you really want the paint job to be perfect before applying and even with new cars you can have imperfections which a detailer will correct before applying.

If you don't paint correct you trap that imperfection under the coating.

I'll get it booked in with a local detailer to do it which is still cheaper than the dealer
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
Taff

Post by Taff »

I would never get any dealer to do a protection job on my paint, I trusted them Five years ago and ordered the Autoglym treatment £540, when I went to collect the new car they had waxed the windows including the windscreen and also waxed the interior with globules of wax hanging everywhere. The car had to be totally de-waxed inside and out, and this showed up some imperfections in the paint that they had not addressed in the start.
Find a respected detailer to do it for you.
Ordered XC40 D3 Inscription Automatic, Pine Grey, Charcoal Leather, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Camera, Tempra Spare Wheel. (Ordered 23/5/18) Delivered 20th September 2018.