Lease vehicle - changes

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
senwar

Post by senwar »

I think I know the answer, but are you able to change tyres (to cross climates) and private reg on lease vehicles?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels

Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

No idea about tyres but personal plate is fine as I have done it. Always worth checking with your specific lease company though.
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
senwar

Post by senwar »

OK, spoke with the lease = there's a £50 'cherished plate management fee' hmmmm so I think I'll not bother and leave it on my Vespa.

Tyres - no problem changing. Now just to determine whether to change to the crossclimates now or see how next winter goes. I live in quite a hilly rural part of Sheffield so tempted to be better safe than sorry
Telboy

Post by Telboy »

senwar wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 pm OK, spoke with the lease = there's a £50 'cherished plate management fee' hmmmm so I think I'll not bother and leave it on my Vespa.

Tyres - no problem changing. Now just to determine whether to change to the crossclimates now or see how next winter goes. I live in quite a hilly rural part of Sheffield so tempted to be better safe than sorry
Out of interest, have you got any prices on the tyres for the XC40 on 19's yet, more so the cross climates?
XC40 T5 FE - Bursting with blue and now with some extra blue - Polestar :D
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

senwar wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:32 pm OK, spoke with the lease = there's a £50 'cherished plate management fee' hmmmm so I think I'll not bother and leave it on my Vespa.

Are you planning on swapping to cross climates for all year round use and saving the current tyres or putting cross climates on for winter and changing back in summer? In either case, I'd be tempted to get them now and not chance it, always annoying to find you need them and dont have them, then buy them and not need them for a while!

And some of the hilly rural parts of Sheffield can be pretty difficult in winter (I used to work up at Broomhill from time to time and drive in from Chesterfield side...)
senwar

Post by senwar »

Yeah running them all year round. Keep the existing ones and put them back on when I return the car at the end of the lease. I’d get 3 winters out of them and feel like you say, run them and don’t chance it.

I’m out in the sticks near Penistone and the last winter was a nightmare to be honest although to be fair autosocks did the trick on my fwd golf. But I’d rather be fully prepared.

As for cost - best I’ve seen is £666.40 fitted from blackcircles. That’s with a £40 discount for buying 4.
isleaiw

Post by isleaiw »

senwar wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 pm Yeah running them all year round. Keep the existing ones and put them back on when I return the car at the end of the lease. I’d get 3 winters out of them and feel like you say, run them and don’t chance it.

I’m out in the sticks near Penistone and the last winter was a nightmare to be honest although to be fair autosocks did the trick on my fwd golf. But I’d rather be fully prepared.

As for cost - best I’ve seen is £666.40 fitted from blackcircles. That’s with a £40 discount for buying 4.
That really is the sticks. Many many years ago when I was a trainee accountant I was at a client out there and got snowed in - fortunately client put me up and we finished the work that night!

That sounds a good price. I paid 500 quid for 2 21” summer tyres for my Audi!
senwar

Post by senwar »

Ha yes it does get you when the snow comes. Lived here coming up to 3yrs. First 2 were fine just a bit of dusting. The last winter ruddy hell!

Hard to believe only a couple of miles away there was nothing.

Thanks re the price. Makes my mind up I think.