3 month checkover....

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Had the 3 month checkover today,
Software was updated and dealer stamped the service record. The oncall app lets you see when the vehicle was driven, how far, and when, ( Big Brother in reverse). This proved that it was test driven first to identify and confirm any reported problems and then taken out again for a shorter test drive to prove updates etc worked.
The stop start jerkyness has improved, any other changes not really noticeable yet, minor bug fixes I would imagine.
Pre ordered mud flaps to be fitted ( no fitting charge ), its a couple of self tapping screws on each one As we live in rural Lincolnsire and share the country roads with plenty of muddy wheelers so it should help to keep the white a little cleaner for a little longer.

Plus points for the dealers Stoneacre, they helpedwith the transfer of a days shopping from their loan car back to our XC40. Lincoln has a lot of shops.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

johnbluerio wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm Plus points for the dealers Stoneacre, they helpedwith the transfer of a days shopping from their loan car back to our XC40. Lincoln has a lot of shops.
LOL . . . mine's booked in Thursday . . . but shops in Warrington aren't that interesting . . and I'll have to find some wifi cafe to sit and work :lol:
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 am
johnbluerio wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm Plus points for the dealers Stoneacre, they helpedwith the transfer of a days shopping from their loan car back to our XC40. Lincoln has a lot of shops.
LOL . . . mine's booked in Thursday . . . but shops in Warrington aren't that interesting . . and I'll have to find some wifi cafe to sit and work :lol:
Had mine done yesterday - all uneventful as I had no problems to be investigated, biggest benefit was a free wash and vacuum!. My dealership is stuck on the Nottingham ring-road, but thankfully the dealership has a lounge area with free Wi-Fi and coffee and biscuits!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

Had the check done, book stamped. The only issue I reported was the memory seats intermittently working - sometimes they work, most of the time they don't. Will it only work if you actually open by pressing the key? Not by having it on you and keyless entry? Once or twice it's done the mirrors but not seats, which just seems weird! Anyways, they said they'd done an update to software so hopefully that'll have fixed it.

I didn't realise they had tables (not just a sofa) to sit at, so I ended up just working on thier wifi which saves me making some time up :)
The sales manager did make an effort to come over and check I was ok and happy with everything, which was a nice touch too :)
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)