Isofix

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Would someone please measure the distance between the two inner isofix fitting on the rear seat for me. I am trying to gauge whether a slim person would fit between two child seats.
On my Skoda Yeti it is approx 50cm which just about fits a small adult, only just and only for a short journey.
Thanks
Tom

johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

410mm centre to centre , we have two child seats in for the grandchildren and there is just room for a small adult to fit between and use the seat belt properly. ( local trips only)
If they are belt fixed child seats they can be adjusted slightly sideways to give the centre seat a little more room without compromising any safety issues with the fixings.

The child seats need to be as high as possible because of the kick line on the rear windows so they can see out.

I still haven't found a larger suitable seat for when they need the next size which fits OK with the headrest on the rear seats been non removable in the XV40 rear seats.

When mines in for 3mth check next week I'm going to ask for a demo of the Volvo child seat if they have one in stock.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Thanks.
Tom